Sending your MTB

Cycle Researcher
Cycle Researcher Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in MTB general
Hi,

Has anyone ever used a courier to send a bike?

If so would you mind sparing 2 minutes to complete this 'SurveyMonky' questionnaire?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TGJZMCD

I am a young entrepreneur trying to get some feedback from MTB lovers before I embark on a new business.

Thanks in advance to any of you who take the time to answer the questionnaire, it's really appreciated!

Emma

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Can't do it, as I've never sent a bike by courier I can't answer any of the 'when sending' questions.

Rather an ill thought out survey I'm afraid.

Are you genuinely looking to embark on a new business or is this another college/uni course that requires you to tick the 'customer survey' box?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Totally useless survey. Requires answers even if there is no option.
    One option doesn' even have a button to push.
    And ?
    "1. How often do you use a courier to send a bicycle?...
    Never (Please explain why)"

Er um, like er well because.....

Must try harder.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I wouldn't trust some hairy arsed van driver to carefully transport my valuable bike and trust the distribution centre not to "loose" it.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    The Rookie wrote:
    Can't do it, as I've never sent a bike by courier I can't answer any of the 'when sending' questions.

Are you genuinely looking to embark on a new business or is this another college/uni course that requires you to tick the 'customer survey' box?
    He asked people who had previously sent bikes by courier to fill in the survey. Did you not bother reading his post?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    ilovedirt wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

He asked people who had previously sent bikes by courier to fill in the survey. Did you not bother reading his post?

He? Did you not bother to read her first post?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Dammit, just the point I was going to make!

Thing for me is that bikes are expensive, stealable, fragile items. If I use a courier I just want it to get there safely.
  • cooldad
    ilovedirt wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

But the survey itself included questions asking if you'd never used one. So some confusion maybe.
    Still a rubbish survey, whichever way you cut it.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Done it and compared to some of the lazy arris shite surveys you get on here it seemed all good to me. Hope the lass makes a go of it I wouldnt trust the likes of most of the couriers to transport a bubble wrapped brick never mind a comparitively fragile think like a bike.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    My only concern would be how much care they'd take of my bike and what guarantees of that that they offer. The survey didn't offer anything along those lines, it was all speed cost etc.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    It's bollocks (wrinkled dangly things) anyway. Unless they had a fleet of dedicated trucks etc it's not happening.

And I guarantee there's not enough money in it for that.

So would have to use the general rubbish couriers anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools