Over the Hump day

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited January 2015 in The bottom bracket
Thought I'd help out given I'm in the office and the inbox wasn't as populated as I expected.

Got to go to an induction I may have been missing for the last 5 months. Boss clocked I hadn't been on the HR system when authorising a holiday and suggested I attend the one today. A day wasted but under orders.

Still full of cold. Still haven;t gone and sorted my winter hack. Still a good person
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Thursday, moist and hungover.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    My pants are the only item of clothing that aren't currently drying on the radiators at work after my morning commute. 6 hours of fire and manual handling training to look forward to now. I hope the girls at work don't object to my pants.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    blah blah blah, something about not drinking, blah blah blah

After a second night of nothing alcoholic I managed to get out of bed, as planned at 6am to start a 60+km ride...

After 11km I badly needed a dump so headed in the direction of a toilet (home) and after 16.5km decided that I needed a new tyre so trashed my front one in a pot hole and needed a rescue from MrsHD.

Not a great start but hey-ho.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    blah blah blah, something about not drinking, blah blah blah

After a second night of nothing alcoholic I managed to get out of bed, as planned at 6am to start a 60+km ride...

After 11km I badly needed a dump so headed in the direction of a toilet (home) and after 16.5km decided that I needed a new tyre so trashed my front one in a pot hole and needed a rescue from MrsHD.

Not a great start but hey-ho.
    At least you didn't have a hang over :-)
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    seanoconn wrote:
    My pants are the only item of clothing that aren't currently drying on the radiators at work after my morning commute. 6 hours of fire and manual handling training to look forward to now. I hope the girls at work don't object to my pants.

What an unpleasant thought, Seano sat there in his y-fronts typing that.
    vomiting.gif

Not too busy today but I need to pop to the bank in the village in a bit to get statements for the mortgage adviser we're seeing tomorrow.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I've got a gym induction later today and am oddly nervous about it - it's been over ten years since I set foot in a gym - and that was at a University gym where, during the induction, both me and the instructor reeked of the previous nights drink.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    I've got a bottle of good gin at home that's going to get a dent in it again when I het home. That's probably all I need to send me off to sleep after waking up at 4am with a cough then having to be in the office for 7.30. Still, not long to go till the weekend...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    seanoconn wrote:

That manual handling course is a joke.

Picked up 38 immaculate IBC's free of charge from the place where they make the 'Seriously Strong Cheddar' today. Might even have a buyer by tomorrow - Kerching. Dunno if the security guard has been removed from the wheelie bin yet.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Which gin Stevo,

Just went for a spin to try and beat this cold out of me, see how that works
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Which gin Stevo,

I tried that on Sunday and ached like a had done the Marmotte backwards.
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Which gin Stevo,
    This one: http://d1londongin.com/

I know gin is all 40% alcohol but this one feels like it packs a real punch and it tastes spot on with a dose of tonic. Quite a cool bottle as well.

15.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Which gin Stevo,

It doesn't work. I tried to do the same thing this week on the basis that riding increases my body temp which is what your body does to kill bugs. Still got a frikkin hacking cough. Will give it one more go tomorrow, though TBH I think the gin may do a better job on my throat :)
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Which gin Stevo,

It doesn't work. I tried to do the same thing this week on the basis that riding increases my body temp which is what your body does to kill bugs. Still got a frikkin hacking cough. Will give it one more go tomorrow, though TBH I think the gin may do a better job on my throat :)

Only if you gargle with it. Neat.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    cointreau for the gargle trick, try it, or swirl in the mouth like mouth wash
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2015
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Haven't got any cointreau; might try some Laphroaig as it's not too dissimilar to TCP.
  • pinno
    sa0u823e wrote:

It tastes just like mouthwash.
  • veronese68
    If the bug is anything like the one I had Stevo you'll be coughing for a month. To say I was thoroughly hacked off with it could be an understatement.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    If the bug is anything like the one I had Stevo you'll be coughing for a month. To say I was thoroughly hacked off with it could be an understatement.
    If it survives this ****ing Laphroaig it probably will last another month! 'Tis not the usual weedy London lergy which I am usually shot of in 24-48 hours, as I must have immunity to pretty much every disease capable of being spread by snotty commuters/office workers by now.
  • Flâneur
    That it does Pina, also has a real burning feeling after a while, stupid kids drinking game when raiding the parents booze cabinet.

Laphroaig may smell like anti septic but it isn't. I may just open the Macallan to kill mine off. Have taken to looking like a ponce in work by wearing a scarf indoors. Not sure if that advice was good or just to make me look like an idiot but fuck being ill
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Haven't got any cointreau; might try some Laphroaig as it's not too dissimilar to TCP.

All round to Stevo's to appreciate his Laphroig then :D
  • MrsHD has had the same coughywheezychesty bug for a while now.

I'm increasing the garlic levels in order to smoke the bastard out!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    florerider wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

All round to Stevo's to appreciate his Laphroig then :D
    Too late :wink:
  • pinno
    Whatever this lurgy is, it is sticky, green, comes out in lumps like chicken pellets and makes your heady dizzy. So far, there hasn't been any government health warnings.
    Might go for a sauna tomorrow.

Any possible cure welcome.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Turmeric
    Ginger
    Lemon
    Are all natural decongestants that will help to break up sticky green lurgy.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike