Tis a Bit Windy Friday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited January 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I'm tempted to ride my motorbike in today, as I think it'll be funny, I'm just not sure other motorists will. I have to drive to Kent this evening to visit some friends for the weekend, and I think it's going to be a nightmare journey :(

A minion contacted me last night to tell me he might not be in today as he'd just randomly thrown up. Fark. It's a bit busy at work at the moment. Oh dear.

Today is going to suck monkey balls until I get to my friends house.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh yet again, though as I went to bed three hrs ago - that may be a factor

To counteract that I'm going for a quick run before my hotel pig based breakfast and then off to delightful Stoke for a fun meeting with the auditors :(

Later is obviously the pub
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning ladies.

Slow start for me as I couldn't get up at 6am !
    Office time now till noon - and NeW Year drinks/lunch later on.

Have a nice day.

Chris
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Definitely a bit blowy out there, even down here. The wide open expanse of Bushy Park was hard work.
    I'd avoid riding the motorbike in high wind TKM. A friend of mine got caught by a gust of wind and got blown into the drivers door of the car in the next lane of the M4. Scared the bejeesus out of the pair of them.
    As it's Fryday I shall be off to the cafe to consume large amounts of fried dead piggy and tea you can stand a spoon up in. Until then tea and possibly a granola bar.
  • I went in the car. Massive mistake really, as the wind wasn't so bad once I came down the hill from Huddersfield. Leeds had closed a road, and it was absolute chaos. I saw a couple of bikers just slip through everything and I was so jealous.

Still, better safe than sorry.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • After yesterdays shenanigins I could have done with a stiff drink but made do with a glass of tonic water with a slice of lime...

Here's HDs tip of the day - If you are happy with your broadband provider and some twonk from EE says theirs is better for less just laugh and put the phone down. Yes it might be but the miriad of problems trying to sort out a tv box, sonos system, pop3/smtp emails is a pain in the rear end...

Onwards to milky tea and some fruit!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Just ordered a BLT with extra well done bacon. hmmm
  • Here's HDs tip of the day - If you are happy with your broadband provider and some twonk from EE says theirs is better for less just laugh and put the phone down. Yes it might be but the miriad of problems trying to sort out a tv box, sonos system, pop3/smtp emails is a pain in the rear end...
    I could have told you this from 2 years ago. EE are shocking, and there broadband is rubbish, as is there customer service. Avoid at all costs!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Woo, just got a call, I got the job!

Now I just need to figure out a way of telling my old insane boss!

Anyway onwards to more bike repairs, the frame is pretty much stripped (damn cranks and cassette were locked on pretty good!). Need to get a torx t30 to get my chainring bolts off also. After that hopefully it is a case of clean all the old parts and put the new ones on!
  • Congratulations Schmako!

Make sure you relish the moment when you tell your boss. Just remember, in a few weeks, you'll be freeeeeee!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Cheers!

Can't wait for that moment, meant to be back at the old place monday, should be interesting! :D
  • veronese68
    Excellent, well done Schmako. As TKM said enjoy handing in your notice, don't burn your bridges though as you never know what the future holds. I've enjoyed watching a couple of people come back cap in hand, a couple of years after leaving and slagging the place off to all and sundry.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Good work Schmako.

Yesterdays power cut farked things up more than they should. Been busy all day fixing stuff. Not like me to be busy, glad it's Friday.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Afternoon twunts.

It is the weekend, due to boring detox based diet type things, booze and pig meat are on the back burner till the ski holiday, will make up for it then.

Well done Schmako enjoy the new job.

Weekend of sports based foolery assuming the massive world ending storm leaves us be!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    bg13 wrote:
    It is the weekend, due to boring detox based diet type things, booze and pig meat are on the back burner till the ski holiday, will make up for it then.
    Unless you are daft enough to do Nordic Cross country type skiing gravity is your friend, so you should be maxing out on booze and pig meat you damned fool. :roll:
    Unless of course you are working on your bikinini body in an attempt to impress Stevo whilst sharing a sauna.
    Detox, diet based phuckwittery bollox. :twisted:
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Veronese68 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Unless you are daft enough to do Nordic Cross country type skiing gravity is your friend, so you should be maxing out on booze and pig meat you damned fool. :roll:
    Unless of course you are working on your bikinini body in an attempt to impress Stevo whilst sharing a sauna.

A very good call Mr 68, but a few tons off will still leave enough to get well over 70mph down the slightest gradient!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Veronese68 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Good advice, apart from the sauna part obviously :lol:

2 weeks to go before I'm taunting you from the Austrian Alps :P For now, cycling in and out of work will have to make do for ski training, although my weight gain should also make me faster down the slopes. Now tucking into more gin with some bitter lemon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]