Great clothing bundle for beginners

dstev55
dstev55 Posts: 742
edited January 2015 in Road beginners
Not sure if this has been posted on here before but I'll go for it anyway.

I thought I'd share what is a great value winter clothing bundle. Being new to cycling means I didn't have any clothing at all and an experienced friend pointed me in the direction of this bundle:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/ZXWINTERSP ... ter-bundle

Mine came today and the quality seems excellent and the fit is great. When bought individually the total of all of the items is over £180 so you're getting it at almost half price!

Comments

• That seems like a good starting place for your clothing. i have quite a few Px bits. i like their gloves a lot. be warned of wanting more and more things though. you'll soon be spending what you 'saved' on other cycling goodies :)
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Does look like a very good price for enough kit to set up a beginner. Planet X seem to have a habit of nailing no-nonsense prices (as their website says) and they have my respect for that.

Ruth
  • I have been using Planet X stuff for years and I've always been happy with the quality for the price.
    Nearly all if not all of their staff are riders so they do know what they are doing.

I'm also hearing good things about Decathlon gear as well but not tried any of that yet.
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    I got told their clothing wasn't great, but I've had my bike from there (Alur 700) and one of their own helmets.
  • r0b1et
    r0b1et Posts: 14
    dstev55 wrote:
    I got told their clothing wasn't great, but I've had my bike from there (Alur 700) and one of their own helmets.

The 700s and 900s level stuff is fab for the price you pay. I've worn the 700 tights for a few 100km+ rides this winter and they are perfect.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    ^^This and Yorkshire based D2D (Google them) are good quality at very good prices.