Mid Week Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited January 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well, I joined a gym yesterday. I'll be going today for the first time, so I'll be able to get my weight down and fitness up ready for the C2C challenge this summer!

Work is fairly dull. Nothing much is happening, but it's stupidly busy first thing every morning. Craziness.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Beltaine
    Beltaine Posts: 166
    Morning mingers.

Heavy rain due, so the outside job we were meant to start is postponed. The present Mrs Beltaine has insisted I accompany her on a shopping trip to 'Nam (Cheltenham.) I can hardly wait. :cry:

On the plus side, I may get the chance to visit a bike shop or two. :D
    ....I don't know why; It's a perfectly cromulent word....
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Last few days of working in the uni hospitals, then I'm free... to do more placements and revise, I'm not sure which is worse. I guess at least when I'm meant to be revising I can ride bikes whenever I like.

TKM, why don't you just ride your bike instead of going to the gym?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hope the rain isn't too bad - its my first commute of the year!

Great ride in to work though tempered by the fact I ended up at work
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning ladies!

Another day in the office for me.

Couldn't get up @ 6:30 to do some cardio this morning after last night football / bike ride...there is always tomorrow.

KMD tonight and back to gym tomorrow @ 6:30 - not sure about night ride tomorrow though...

Have a nice day,

Chris
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Snapped my chain on the way home last night, tempted to get a new one but it's been on there a while so would at least need a new cassette and possibly middle chainring so I'm just going to carry more powerlinks. I didn't have one last night so fixing in it the dark was fun.

Drove to work today and now my boss has found me some work to do. I'm sure it can wait though.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Oodboo, your chain snapped as karmic retribution for goading grumpy roadies. What on earth made you think that was a good idea?
    Drove in today as I had too much to carry. Going to skip lunch and bunk off early to avoid the traffic later.
    Wednesday, so pub later. Until then, tea and biscuits.
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    What is this mystery 'bike' you all speak of?

Really, it's because I need to get a lot fitter and lose a couple of stone ready for the C2C challenge. I put weight on after breaking my ankle, and I never really lost it. The gym is small, and should give me the motivation I need (plus, it's dry inside).
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Meanwhile, on the road section they are discussing how much more effecient you are with a waxed chain and the merits of shaving your forearms!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Morning Cruddites

Bearings arrived yesterday for the new shock and fitted, so just need to make up the spacers which is a 10 minute job once I've measured up, still waiting on On-One for my chainring!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Angry Bird wrote:
    What is this mystery 'bike' you all speak of?

Really, it's because I need to get a lot fitter and lose a couple of stone ready for the C2C challenge. I put weight on after breaking my ankle, and I never really lost it. The gym is small, and should give me the motivation I need (plus, it's dry inside).

Plus, your're probably less likely to get run over by a half ton of metal in a gym. Probably.

Good morning you bastards

Today I'm taking it easy at work, as no deadlines yet. Plenty of tea and meat. Then going flicks later with the gf to see the theory of everything. Anyone seen it? Looks good to me. Last film I saw was the hobbit, and that was OK. Interstellar before that was amazing.

Went out on the bike the other day for the first time in about two months - the shame. I'm getting into less aggravated riding because basically, im being a pussy and dont want to break my collarbone again. Or to be more accurate break my collarbone at either side of the titanium plate holding it together. Annoying really, because although my bike can handle longer more xc rides, its more downhill orientated then anything else. And when I was recovering from the break, I bought a proer DH frame to build up, I've got half way with componenets and now dont really want a DH bike. Meh. Anyway that's my life story

Laters
  • veronese68
    Meanwhile, on the road section they are discussing how much more effecient you are with a waxed chain and the merits of shaving your forearms!
    What about shaving a few grammes off the wheel weight to help them get up hills faster. Ignoring what the fat barsteward sat astride the poxy thing should lose off himself?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Meanwhile, on the road section they are discussing how much more effecient you are with a waxed chain and the merits of shaving your forearms!
    Linky please :)

I pedalled in as well - not a bad one for this time of year but I am guaranteed to get wet when I go home later. I'll just think of that big bottle of gin waiting for me at the other end. Till then, work chaos...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    What about shaving a few grammes off the wheel weight to help them get up hills faster. Ignoring what the fat barsteward sat astride the poxy thing should lose off himself?

Exactly, I've got a few hundred £'s in my drawer itching to be spent but I'm holding on to it for as long as my belt is holding me in.

Stevo...

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=13008769&start=20#p19361893
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Angry Bird wrote:

(plus, it's dry inside).

That makes perfect sense.
  • veronese68
    Exactly, I've got a few hundred £'s in my drawer itching to be spent but I'm holding on to it for as long as my belt is holding me in.
    Whilst giving up booze for January will help accumulate the pounds (sterling) and lose the pounds (lbs), I still think you're a damned fool for doing so. :mrgreen:
  • So do I, especially given the left overs from the festive season!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Beltaine
    Beltaine Posts: 166
    UPDATE. Cheltenham as sh@t and up its own arse as ever. Bike shop....nice toys.
    ....I don't know why; It's a perfectly cromulent word....
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening gimps

standard blah day again, day off tomorrow though so wintastic, nice lie in and possibility of outdoor sports to be had.

But for now the darts is on.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Ta for that.

Roadies eh :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ta for that.

Wow big time geeks
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ta for that.

Wow big time geeks

Need to pop out for a pint with those people, it'll be a right laugh :shock:
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er