Wednesday - no really, it is already.

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
edited July 2017 in The bottom bracket
Day 3 of the Return To Work for 2015. Bored beyond words in the office because there's not much to actually do that is any use. So, we're making up things, like prepare training materials for non-existent clients on yet-to-be-defined systems. :roll:

Rest of the day involves lunch in a minute, followed by avoiding the pretend-work activity for a few hours, and an early mark to go home and fettle bike #9.

Weather report: fine, sunny and 28 deg C, and I'm stuck in the sodding office just glimpsing it through the windows.. :x
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah!

First commute today and the forecast for the way home is 35 miles of gusts of 36 mph into my face along with heavy rain, bugger
  • Day 2 of 2015 for me, trying to do this dryathlon for January but failing so far as I was on holiday until the 5th and have our wedding anniversary on the 15th, so dryish...

Onwards to tea and fruit!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Not a bad pedal in this morning other than a bit gloomy. I expect to get a bit wet this evening though...by which time I will probably be glad of it as an alternative to the current amount of work in the office.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Full of cold, looking at ski holidays for people with no friends. Looks like La Grave

Out for some food later not sure if I fancy a pizza or something else. Missed riding last night as I seem to be coming down with the uncommon cold (one that you resist rather than give in to).

Office is quiet again today. Kind of missing the stress and activity of last term.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Busy old morning for me.......busy buying a house :D

Only trouble is that the new one isn't ready until August and we should be completing on the sale of ours at the end of February....looks like I might dropping out of society sooner than I planned :lol:

This afternoon at work will be a complete pain, there's far more exciting things to be organising now :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Day 2 of 2015 for me, trying to do this dryathlon for January but failing so far as I was on holiday until the 5th and have our wedding anniversary on the 15th, so dryish...

Onwards to tea and fruit!
    Why on earth would you do such a thing? :shock:
    Morning all, well it was. If I keep saying morning until about 3 pm the afternoon should fly by. The morning seems to be dragging somewhat though.
    Wednesday so pub later. Until then tea, and maybe a proper coffee from my new device.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    @Wheelspinner, your location puts you about 2 hours drive from Camden and 1 and a half hours from Cambelltown in the middle of a forest.

@V68 - whats the new coffee gadget?

Humph, wet and windy Wednesday, tomorrow humping 40 IBC's. Bones are still sore after man flu and the 2 hour ride on Sunday in freezing gales didn't help, contrary to my belief.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    First commute today and the forecast for the way home is 35 miles of gusts of 36 mph into my face along with heavy rain, bugger

At least the rain wasn't too bad :( hard work and only just got over 15mph average on the way home
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

At least the rain wasn't too bad :( hard work and only just got over 15mph average on the way home

That was a 2hr + commute. Shall I ring the doc?
  • Wheelspinner
    @Wheelspinner, your location puts you about 2 hours drive from Camden and 1 and a half hours from Cambelltown in the middle of a forest.

Humph, wet and windy Wednesday, tomorrow humping 40 IBC's. Bones are still sore after man flu and the 2 hour ride on Sunday in freezing gales didn't help, contrary to my belief.

laters.

Not quite that far.. Camden about an hour, Campbelltown maybe 45 minutes. We do have a lot of trees where I live... but it's still the 'burbs.

Royal National Park is only 10 minutes down the road though.
  • veronese68
    Aeropress. It does make a good strong espresso type coffee. Only problem is you have to drink it out of a mug because it's so big. Fine as long as you remember to warm the mug first. Impressed with it so far.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Aeropress. It does make a good strong espresso type coffee. Only problem is you have to drink it out of a mug because it's so big. Fine as long as you remember to warm the mug first. Impressed with it so far.

I see. Looks like some sort of colonic irrigation device. I think i'll stick to my simple and reliable old Bialetti stove top.
  • veronese68
    I'd agree, no stove at work though.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'd agree, no stove at work though.

Do a T47 on it and take a little Camping Gaz thingy with you. There might be something a little retro about that and befitting. F*ck elf n safety.
  • pinno
    That'll really confuse them.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Not sure wot day it is at the best of times...cheers :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    33 minutes early Pinno, Recycling again, is this anything to do with the G20 summit?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning

office, espresso, meeting, skive off to wfh/wtdf and/or top up the tan

started prep for next hols, ordered some extra spf, arranged for bulk beer and water supplies to be ready for arrival at southern lair, gift of catnip sent via diplomatic bag

mulling over some fmb silk tubs, heart says yes, head says any fule kno they'll puncture like crazy, may stick to veloflex, got some well aged sprinters
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    Not sure I like this recycling as it may prove not much has changed inbetween!

Wfh which meant I had time for some training this morning and remove the dead bird from the kids paddling pool on acid

Later might have to be cutting the grass rather than sipping pints
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    maybe we're trapped in a temporal loop
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    Not sure I like this recycling as it may prove not much has changed inbetween!

Wfh which meant I had time for some training this morning and remove the dead bird from the kids paddling pool on acid

Later might have to be cutting the grass rather than sipping pints

Why did you take acid to remove the dead bird from the paddling pool? That's the last thing I'd have done. Maybe a couple of fortifying lines of blow to stiffen the sinews.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Why did you take acid to remove the dead bird from the paddling pool? That's the last thing I'd have done. Maybe a couple of fortifying lines of blow to stiffen the sinews.

surely just a toke would suffice to lighten the mood .... acid/cocaine its somewhat overkill ... bit like dressing up in a skin suit just to pop 100m down the road to pick up a paper
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:

That's certainly how life feels. Shepherd children, cycle, paper shuffle, crossword, lunch, paper shuffle plus various verbal gymnastics and thinly veiled bullsh*tting, cycle, kid wrangling, open mouthed gawping at the box, alcohol in varying degrees, sleep.

Roll on holidays eh?
  • hopkinb
    fat daddy wrote:
    ... bit like dressing up in a skin suit just to pop 100m down the road to pick up a paper

And the problem with that is? :lol:
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

That's certainly how life feels. Shepherd children, cycle, paper shuffle, crossword, lunch, paper shuffle plus various verbal gymnastics and thinly veiled bullsh*tting, cycle, kid wrangling, open mouthed gawping at the box, alcohol in varying degrees, sleep.

Roll on holidays eh?
  • hopkinb
    oxoman wrote:
    Sounds like a reboot / clean sweep is in order.

Reboot the kids, and sweep the front yard? Both would be a good move!

It's not all that sh*te really. More comfortably mundane. I have very little to complain about really, my heart just isn't in corporate @rse licking (networking) and greasy pole climbing (career progression).
  • Wheelspinner
    DIY stuff, using up some old timber bits to make things. May turn out to be a pile of kindling though.

Need to do some exercise again, getting lazy and the excuses get flimsier...
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I read the first post and just assumed 'spinner had been skiving off for the first half of the year...

Office day again today, one of the company directors sent out an email telling us when and where the next 'surprise' site visit will be, then the overall boss obviously realised what was going on and has sent out another banning us from going to site in the meantime and not to warn anyone about it so we can 'see the site as it is and talk through any issues'. Roughly translated as 'let's give Hayden another b0llocking', it's so thinly veiled it's laughable. Yay.

Anyway, going bouldering tonight, they reset all the ones in the grade I usually climb so it should be a good challenge
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    HaydenM wrote:

Anyway, going bouldering tonight, they reset all the ones in the grade I usually climb so it should be a good challenge

Don't forget to take a woolly hat and to climb topless, in jeans.

You were missing last week when I was looking for you. Ended up buying a Paramo.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Kicked Kelly Communications first thing who yesterday did the worst bit of cabling I've ever seen to fvck up my phone, internet and TV. Then got out on the bike. Now back in my favourite hotel for a couple of nights. Miss MRS's counts are coming up nicely.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH