just another newb from Ozzyland

jkyeoman
jkyeoman Posts: 4
edited January 2015 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone,
Just saying hello, got this handmedown last weekend, no where near the latest and greatest but it's a start :D and gets me onto the tracks with my mates.

16207121431_3dfdd3d5de_s.jpg

My birthday is in April and was wondering if its worth putting some cash into upgrading the groupset or at least part of the groupset from the current mix of Shimano Deore and Alivio to SLX? and potentially looking at a new fork.

my thinking is whatever i upgrade now; I would transplant onto a new frame when I end up upgrading it; perhaps next birthday.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Welcome to the madhouse!

With that tiny photo it's impossible to tell what you have and whether it's worth upgrading or not, I can see it's blue though!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sorry, I thought that I have linked to the album, that's what I get for trying to be too clever :oops:

the frame is a Raceline Enduro XC??, not sure the year. The guy I got it off has 3 bikes and about to buy another one and didn't have the room lol, so If I didn't take it - was going to end up out the front for collection.

16207121431_3dfdd3d5de_s.jpg by jkyeoman, on Flickr
  • The Rookie
    All very basic kit, its not worth upgrading really (unless something is broken and needs replacing anyway) as it would be cheaper to get a bike with better forks and disc brakes etc all built up.

Probably about 2000-2003 vintage.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks Rookie,
    nothing broken on the bike, but I haven't had a chance to go for a ride yet so give me time lol. Was thinking if I could spread the cost of new bike out and pick up bits and pieces this year and put them on a new frame; might save a few $$ but sounds like its now how it works.
  • The Rookie
    Better off riding that into the ground while saving up for a new bike to be honest.