pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited January 2015 in The cake stop
All said in a whiney, teenage voice:

"There's too much choice in Starbucks that I can't decide."
"This 3G network is soooo slow."
"But I need an iPhone 6."
"These braces make my teeth ache."

What's your favourite First World Problem?
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• 1) Dilemma: 5K to spend on a n+1 bike (when the guy already has 7 and one to be delivered)

2) 5K to spend... any idea? (How about Cuban cigars? Under rated... or a crate of Dom Perignon to celebrate Western decadence?)
    left the forum March 2023
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    'Yes, I know it's a carbon frame, but a 12k weave? How do you expect me to be competitive on that?'
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I had the ultimate first world problem today. I got quite angry when my fridge wasn't big enough. Then I realised that I was actually complaining about the fact that we have got too much food and decided to STFU.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,850
    My white wine was chilled to too low a temperature.

10 minutes later, all was right with the world.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Broken dishwasher at Christmas :(
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,422
    I have the mother of head colds. Even the gunk tastes sickly sweet.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,850
    I have the mother of head colds. Even the gunk tastes sickly sweet.
    Why on earth would you be tasting your gunk?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pottssteve
    The Daily Mail can always be relied upon for a few:

"Spa pool infects 6 girls and leaves them will pus-filled pimples"
    "Last minute shopping and fears about Christmas lunch our biggest worries"
    "Family of 12 will have to eat microwaved Christmas lunch after Homebase leave them without a kitchen"

The horror!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    The sun is shining on my iPad screen and I am struggling to see, I may have to leave the garden and go in the house :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,422
    ...and to top it all, I stubbed my toe 10 minutes ago.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RDW
    Shopping earlier, I was horrified to find that M&S seemed to have sold out of pre-stuffed turkey covered in bacon lattice. For a moment it looked like I'd have to make do with some sort of plain poultry thing! Luckily I found the last one and disaster was averted.
  • pottssteve
    RDW wrote:
    Shopping earlier, I was horrified to find that M&S seemed to have sold out of pre-stuffed turkey covered in bacon lattice. For a moment it looked like I'd have to make do with some sort of plain poultry thing! Luckily I found the last one and disaster was averted.

Thank the Lord! Had you not found it I was going to call Sir Bob to get him to do a charity single on your behalf.... :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Bl00dy spring has arrived before winter...again :roll:

DSC03206.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    "Of course I would also love cycling to work, as I care about my fitness, pollution, global warming, middle east terrorists, Russia bullying etc etc, but unfortunately it's just not possible, after all it's so xyz miles..."

>95% of people saying so just dont have the will.
  • RDW
    pottssteve wrote:
    RDW wrote:

Thank the Lord! Had you not found it I was going to call Sir Bob to get him to do a charity single on your behalf.... :)

I think some other shoppers went away disappointed, but tonight thank God it's them instead of me.
  • pottssteve
    RDW wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    RDW wrote:

I think some other shoppers went away disappointed, but tonight thank God it's them instead of me.

So in your world of plenty you could spread a smile of joy... :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    pottssteve wrote:
    RDW wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    RDW wrote:

So in your world of plenty you could spread a smile of joy... :)

"There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time"

Whats that on Mt Kilimanjaro Bob?

kilimanjaro.jpg
  • I spent 4 hours on youtube ascertaining that the washer's cam agitator was worn out, and that each of the four cams cost $1.65. Then I had to locate a store that had them in stock and then DRIVE to the store and back.

The horror…the horror…
    Infinite diversity, infinte variations
  • RDW
    From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30602609
    Xbox and PlayStation online services crash

Xbox and PlayStation online services have been suffering technical problems, amid claims a hacking group has disabled their services.

'Worst Christmas ever'

Ros Bruce, from Essex, said her 10-year-old son got an Xbox One for Christmas, and he and a friend had spent weeks planning what games they would play together online.

She said they had been downloading a game since 09:00 GMT - and by 23:40 it was still not ready.

"He has spent most of the day in tears," she said.

"He says it's been his worst Christmas ever.

"I think Xbox should compensate us all."
  • pottssteve
    The Daily Mail is a litany of First World pain:

Here's a man who is upset that people abuse him when he drives his Lamborghini:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... iving.html
  • I make my tea and coffee with spring water as I don't like the scum on the top that results from using tap water. I ran out lastnight and the shops were closed so had to have a cup of tea with regular tap water. It's just awful.
  • RDW
    I make my tea and coffee with spring water as I don't like the scum on the top that results from using tap water. I ran out lastnight and the shops were closed so had to have a cup of tea with regular tap water. It's just awful.

I only use Volvic in my espresso machine. The consequences of using inferior water just don't bear thinking about:

http://londiniumcoffee.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... chine.html
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    This Chardonnay is over oaked.
  • Compassion fatigue
  • Being asked to play a game of football? It's a disgrace I tell ya!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30613524
  • pottssteve