MTB ing Around Clitheroe

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited January 2015 in Routes
Hi All

We are going to be staying in the Todber Valley near Clitheroe this summer, I see there looks some good mtb ing at Gisburn forest what else is in the area, any advise would be fantastic.

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Lee and Cragg Quarry shouldn't be far away.Check the PMBA website, they should list a few more places too.
  • You won't be far from the Lake District if you've got transport with you.
  • iwilldoit
    iwilldoit Posts: 710
    Thanks for the replies, could you recommend any routes/places to try in the lake district, my 10 year old will be riding with me, he's quite proficient he rides most of Coed Y Brennin and Nant yr Arian.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    There's trail centres at both Whinlatter and grizedale. Not ridden grizedale but really enjoyed Whinlatter.
  • Get the relevant OS map and go to Grizedale but go "off piste," taking in Low Parkamoor to High Nibthwaite and Bresty Haw. The red route there is a bit pish apart from the final section of singletrack, but all the bridlrways round there are cracking. Whinlatter is better purely as a trail centre.

Plenty of bridleways around Staveley to keep travelling time down (it's right at the bottom of the Lakes.) Staveley-Garburn Pass-back to Staveley is a pretty easy route to navigate, but could be a bit big for a little un though!