The Happy New Year thread

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited January 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Happy New Year, same shit different day, hope to take the new built bike for a spin later as well as doing all the stuff of normal life, only 4 more days until work though!
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Thanks for reminding me I've only got 4 more days of freedom :evil:

Anyway, happy new year to all you feckers :D

Today is a family get together at my mums so that means more overeating :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Another night away in theory sounds fun, but as both kids are Sick we ended up in the room by 8pm last night, luckily I had bought champagne in bulk :)

Today is a swim and a nice lunch out again as the kids seem ok until the sun goes down

Right onwards to a pig based breakfast
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    HNY twunts

Nice cosy evening was had, some champers got drank and the mrs was snoring by 11!

Pigmeat and possible pedalling today.

toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Happy New Year Gits :)

Long drive South for me, will pass the time listening to footy on the radio. That's about it for now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning Losers!

I've spent most the day pebble dashing the toilet. Great start to the year.

Off to the aunt's house for the yearly family get together. Could be interesting.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all, if it is still morning.
    Happy new year and all that nonsense. Has anyone started the celebrity death pool yet? Need to have a think about that, Brucey and Phil the Greek let me down last year. Good to see Wilko Johnson survived the year.
    Watched Jools H last night and Ed Sheeran covered Masterblaster, amazingly it worked. That or I was really drunk.
    Should finish the Cotic today. Later may involve eating lentils, I hate lentils. It's an Italian tradition my Mum adheres to. Eat lentils on New Year's Day and you will come into money that year. Bleurgh!
    Onwards, to the trots...
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Morning, too much beer and cake last night!

Meant to be cycling to a meal at 1pm, feeling rough so should be a laugh.

Happy New Year!
  • I am awake.

I am going back to sleep.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Happy new year mo fo's

Just tried to go and buy some food - tescos is shut - pizza it is then

Laters
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Merry new year, had a little bit too much Sailor Jerry's last night. Time to start the new year off in style by getting up at 5am for work.......feck
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Good start to the year, Cotic is built. It was dark by the time I was done so minor fettle tomorrow to get everything running right, then once I've got the position sorted after a few rides cut hoses and such like. Lentils and pig's trotter have been eaten. Might wash it down with a beer.
  • Happy New Year!

In work today, meh! Got an epic planned for tomorrow morning though.

Somebody say beer...
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube