Book updates (tokens)

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited January 2015 in Pro race
got this at Xmas and want more (I'm token rich and in a reading mood) What's good that has come out in the last year?

9781408846810.jpg

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Seems like a strange cover image for a book about one day races....there aren't any in the mountains.
    Have you tried the Cycling Anthology series?
  • inseine wrote:
    Seems like a strange cover image for a book about one day races....there aren't any in the mountains.

Lombardy?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    inseine wrote:

Lombardy?

With the Ghisallo in the foreground, innit

Good book that, by the way
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm going to buy that monuments book. I got Rod Ellingworth's book, about winning the WC, read it in a day, superb book and gives an interesting tint on things at BC and other teams about.
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    inseine wrote:

I got two of these for Christmas and am flying through them.
  • The poem Ellis Bacon recited at the end of the Xmas Cycling Podcast (also in the Anthology) was brilliant
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I liked Ned Boulting's book.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    I'd also recommend 101 Damnations and Ned Boulting's writing in general. Where else can you learn what Rod Ellingworth ate with his fish and chips on the ferry to France during the Tour?