It's Farkin' Quiet Tuesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Another day of being off work. I could get used to this. How much do you get for being on the dole?

Today I actually have things to do! I need to put some cheques in the bank, and maybe open up a stocks account. Then I need to finish off the presents that I just cba doing. Today's the day.

That's the end of my plans. Should only take a few hours, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself here. It's a holiday!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning Losers!

Another day of being off work. I could get used to this. How much do you get for being on the dole?

Today I actually have things to do! I need to put some cheques in the bank, and maybe open up a stocks account. Then I need to finish off the presents that I just cba doing. Today's the day.

That's the end of my plans. Should only take a few hours, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself here. It's a holiday!

Laters!

What stocks account do you go for ??
    Was thinking about an ISA one - Legal & General etc. but looks like their on-line system is down...so maybe will go somewhere else ??

Yes, it is quiet. Office day for me (generally office is closed but I try to save some holidays for next week, so Mon-Wed in office).

Nice ride to work this morning.
    -3, but nice and crispy ;)
    Nice sunrise ...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice slow start after another big night on the ale

Today is going away with the family for a few days - should be good
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning ladies,

had a reet good spin around the pines yesterday, the frozen tyre tracks of the other brave souls made for an interesting ride!

other than that mrs13 and i have been boozing, reaxing, eating and making merry!

Toodles pip.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Afternoon Cruddites, another days loafing for me, a bit more done on the FS build, brakes built up and bled, should be ready for the first ride to tomorrow once I've fitted the rear mech, chain and a front mech as chain guide!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Evening Gimboids

Spent most of the day in the car driving up to the frozen North - except it wasn't frozen, it was just the Midlands. Just scoffed fish fingers and mushies, the booze stash has been opened and there's a tin of Spam in case I get peckish later :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening all,
    Didn't do a whole lot today, which is good. Just low pressure family stuff, nothing needed to be done except enjoying the time. More of the same tomorrow with any luck.
  • kinioo wrote:

What stocks account do you go for ??
    Was thinking about an ISA one - Legal & General etc. but looks like their on-line system is down...so maybe will go somewhere else ??
    I didn't go in the end as the bank had a huge queue to see the help and advice people. I've been looking at the Halifax one. They have an online fantasy game that follows the actual market, and I've been doing quite well with that (if it was my real money, I'd have made about £7,000 this year! I would need about £25,000 to start though).

I think I'll wait for the end of the month and book an appointment with them.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro