How many Strava KOMs do you have?

germcevoy
germcevoy Posts: 414
edited January 2015 in Road general
1. Only held it for a day but I was still chuffed as I had targeted the short climb 3 times in one week before being rewarded. It doesn't help that the Giro rode through a lot of local roads near me.

Comments

• I've got about 25 2nd places
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • 69 KOM,s :D

Impressive profile / impressive amount of riding!!
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Not enough
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I had one that I was proud of considering it is in SW London and had been ridden by quite a few people. Unfortunately not mine for long, less than 24 hours in fact. But it was taken whilst riding a 15 year old mountain bike on snow. The guy that nicked it off me was on a cross bike after the snow melted. Never been able to get another crack at it as the path normally has too many dog walkers and not riding like a twunt is more important than any KOM.
    I think I may still have another one, but it's a nonsense so not really worth considering.
  • dilatory
    dilatory Posts: 565
    Germcevoy wrote:
    1. Only held it for a day but I was still chuffed as I had targeted the short climb 3 times in one week before being rewarded. It doesn't help that the Giro rode through a lot of local roads near me.

So none then? :-p
  • joe2008 wrote:
    I have a couple: one's my driveway and the other has only been ridden by one other... lady.

Does anybody have more than a page or two?

I would strongly suggest changing your security settings if your drive is included in your rides.
  • A few pages, but here in France not many people use Strava so the competition is limited......

However, do have one in Majorca which I'm proud of, but can't say where as someone might pinch it!
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Two mountain biking ones as the local sheep are not that fast ;)

It was three but they ran a race event along one of the trails I use which took one off me.
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    edited December 2014
    I have the KOM on the ferry from Naples to Sorrento.
    Very impressed with my 19 mph average.
  • Big thing that makes a difference is knowing where they really start and end, and then your progress during the segment, enter the Garmin 1000 and this website http://gniza.org/segments/#/

You can get the segment ID from Strava and copy it onto your Garmin 1000 for a bit of live action.

Never used Strava on the iPhone but I think if youre a Premium member you can do a similar thing if running it while riding?
  • I have a couple one being a 1km sprint and the other a 7.5 segment, Have lost them both and regained an number of times which is fun. Top 10 in quite few and they still stand after having the womens tour through them, was expecting to be bumped down 30-40 places at the time.
    I don't often ride for segments though and I think some that are set get deliberately started to handicap general fast riders that don't study.... the segments.

Whats your average ride distance? very impressive mileage!!! you ride every day?
  • blown04svt wrote:
    69 KOM,s :D

Whats your average ride distance? very impressive mileage!!! you ride every day?

I try to ride most days, missed 28 day this year, normally rides are 30 to 60 miles, then a bigger one most Sundays :D
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    20 apparently...I never get them unless they happen to cross where my interval sessions are.

My best one is...

http://www.strava.com/segments/6420463

Which I got in the road clubs hill climb :)
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    I've only got 2 but I share one with a guy that came 3rd in the national hill climb championship so not to shabby.
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    According to my Strava Story™ :wink: I have acquired 319 KOMs in 2014.
    http://2014story.strava.com/video/197237
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    My video says 24 KoMs in 2015 but not how many I still hold.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I have 118
  • glenwatt
    glenwatt Posts: 155
    Do any my Turbo trainer sessions count :-)

Thought not, still zero !!!!
    Glen

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    11 apparently, most of which are downhill !
    Although I have 1 uphill in Mallorca I'm very proud of, howver only 1 other person has done it !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • I have one. But it was an insane bit of riding because I was late to get to our club chain gang. There are a few people who keep having a go ......... but it is down hill, in London so it is a joke one.

Rest of the time in the north downs I count top 100 as a personal KOM.
  • I've only got 7. I used to have a few more when I lived out in the South Oxfordshire backwaters, but most have since fallen to others (it's been nearly 2 years now). Then I've been living in Guildford which has a massive density of good cyclists with a lot coming down from London, and then near Portsmouth which again has had lots of good cyclists putting in great times over the years.

I'm lucky to get a top 10 nowerdays, but it doesn't bother me- I'm more interested in real race results :wink:
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    0, but in my defense I am not on Strava.

Having said that, if I were to join i'm prety sure that total would remain unchanged
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Thought I might pick up a 3rd this morning with a 20mph tail wind, but alas, only 16th and only 2nd for this year.
    2 are on cycle paths for my commute - not really competition there.
    1 is my own personal training circuit so I'm the only person to attempt it, so can't count that really.
    Another is an old club TT circuit, I've just checked and I'm the only person to attempt it.
    Another is a club TT circuit, very few efforts made on it.
    That leaves 4 which I will count properly. Only 1 which I'm really 'proud' of, I've done it over 50 times on the return from club rides and it's provided some good challenge over the past year, with people grabbing it and requiring a bit more from me. I know the guy in 2nd on that segment, he's now just 2 seconds behind but we have a 30+ second gap on everybody else. I think we'll be fighting over it again this year!
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Had some in Finland (now taken), but back here in the UK on the worthwhile ones where the leaderboards are thousands of entries long I'm now content just to aim for the top 5 -10% and to at least be better positioned than the QOM.. :)
  • I've got a few on for 2015. However today trying to push myself to better my 2015 KOM time on a popular 2.5 mile loop I not only beat my old KOM by a significant margin, but I also took 3rd all time. Only 20 seconds behind the leader so tomorrow I expect I'll give it another run.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    I've got a few on for 2015. However today trying to push myself to better my 2015 KOM time on a popular 2.5 mile loop I not only beat my old KOM by a significant margin, but I also took 3rd all time. Only 20 seconds behind the leader so tomorrow I expect I'll give it another run.

The gale force winds will have stopped tomorrow...
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/