anjasola
anjasola Posts: 145
edited January 2015 in Your road bikes
k5547s.jpg

sbtwg0.jpg

Comments

• Holy smoke - what has happened there?

I trust you are ok though!
  • Before and after what ???? a 100ft drop ???

jeez, that doesn`t look good.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Jeez, what the hell happened? How you are ok?
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    !!!!!' What happened?
  • Ouch!.....do tell.........
  • I'm guessing front end impact although the forks look undamaged. Very intriguing, and as long as everyone involved is ok one of the most interesting posts for a while.

Tell us the story
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    That's what happens to a Colnago when you put Shimano on it...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:

Am I likely to die then when I put DA Di2 and Zipps on a C60 then?! :oops:
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    NapoleonD wrote:

Am I likely to die then when I put DA Di2 and Zipps on a C60 then?! :oops:

You'll be burned at the stake.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    matthew h wrote:
    !!!!!' What happened?

My guess is the frame failed due to an excess of colour co-ordination....
  • anjasola wrote:
    k5547s.jpg

Jesus wept....
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • So come on then. You cannot just put a photo up like that with no explanation.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Nice looking unicycle you've got yourself there in the second picture :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Ouch, that's a lot of plastic splinters there- hope the rider isn't in quite so bad condition if that happened during a ride.

But given that the forks are fine (the only other dogy piece I can spot is possibly a bent saddle) it wasn't an unfortunate transport accident was it, such as being crunched by the car boot?
  • Chinese fake frame?
  • Car park height barrier?
  • flipping heck. do tell. what happened?
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Attack by a mad axeman?
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Lent it to a pensioner dressed in Assos who crashed it?
  • Dibs on the forks if undamaged.

Oh yes, sorry for your loss and hope your ok!
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Threads like this, OP posts something dramatic, fails to clarify, soaks up all the attention. Seen it all before.
  • dodgy wrote:
    Threads like this, OP posts something dramatic, fails to clarify, soaks up all the attention. Seen it all before.

Yep. It takes a bit of effort to post pics, certainly more than adding a few words to explain the posts.
  • dodgy wrote:

This.

Probably a Chinago anyway.
  • anjasola
    anjasola Posts: 145
    Car park height barrier?

You are the winner.

Sorry for the slow reply and thank you for the kind words. The frame was from Sigma and they couldn't re supply, the bike was re build with a different C59 frame. ( Arthur Scrimshaw I will check the forks, they might be available)
  • anjasola wrote:
    Car park height barrier?

You are the winner.

Sorry for the slow reply and thank you for the kind words. The frame was from Sigma and they couldn't re supply, the bike was re build with a different C59 frame. ( Arthur Scrimshaw I will check the forks, they might be available)
    Ta hope I didn't come over too mercenary ;-)
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Does insurance cover this kind of thing? Car, Home or bike specific whatever applies. This is why I will never use roof bar bike carriers, seen this too many times.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    You will probably find that if the damage is just to the down tube and top tube that you could send the frame back to Colnago and they will replace the tubes and respray the frame.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Velonutter wrote:
    You will probably find that if the damage is just to the down tube and top tube that you could send the frame back to Colnago and they will replace the tubes and respray the frame.

Free of charge?

My Indy Fab frame cracked on the rear stay after 4 years. It was replaced FOC under their lifetime warranty and I'm leaning towards a new road frame and my heart is saying TI and my head is saying carbon.

I haven't started looking yet as I need to hit some personal targets but it's always good to pick up informed information if it crosses my path
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    I don't think driving it into a car park barrier would be covered under warranty.
  • anjasola wrote:
    Car park height barrier?

You are the winner.

I've seen the aftermath of this before, not my bike, I hasten to add.

We've all done silly things and regretted it. . .it must have made you feel physically sick when you realised what had happened. I'm lucky that I drive a van so the bike's always inside otherwise what you did is the sort of thing I'd definitely do! Bad luck, mate.