What's your goal for the new year?

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited December 2014 in Road general
Just a bit of fun

Setting my self a goal to do my first 100 miles as didn't get round to doing it this year as my 1 year old daughter has taken a lot of my weekends up ... I managed a 70 mile sportive in November that was horrendous as the conditions were very wet ... Also would like to not spend as much on cycling items that I don't really need ..but I can see it not happening

So if you you want to set your self a challenge from distance to getting that kom let it be told here!
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    instead of spending on items you don't need just spend more on what you do ;-)
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • I would love to be able to graduate to become a 3rd cat next year, but really depends where I wind up in the country in relation to racing leagues etc.
    I love racing on the road but there are only few 3/4cat races on the road which is why I'm aiming to get into 3rd cat (that and people won't instantly assume I'm going to cause crashes despite 3rd cat and above seems more dangerous than 4th...)

Oh, and beat TT pbs (got 1st TT bike this year) and actually win a race or TT outright (more likely to be a club TT tbh) as I have never actually won a race yet.
  • sigorman85
    I'm sure it will happen
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• zak3737
    zak3737 Posts: 370
    Get fitter, & enjoy riding, whenever I can.
    Play Golf, enjoy it, and time with friends.

I have 2 close friends who may not see the year out, so 'Goals' at age 52 are all relative.

Just enjoy whatever you do.
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    after some thought my goals....enjoy riding, ride consistently, more group riding, spend less.....new kitchen to buy lol
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • 11 stone, club league racing and a Malin-Mizen run. Hopefully. And the KOM on "that" local hill (Spelga to Car Park is the segment name I think).
  • stoveman
    stoveman Posts: 125
    Main aim to get a lot more miles in on the bike.Dropped 2 1/2 stone since August,and hoping to be down to 13st by the beginning of August,would mean a total loss of just over 5 stone.
    Aiming for first 50 mile ride in a couple of months and then a 100 miler by the end of the year.

Also saving for first serious roadbike next winter,really fancy a BMC.
  • top 5 in club TT's and the Le Marmotte Grandfondo in less than 8h30m. and most important.. keep enjoying cycling!!
  • sigorman85
    A hat off to stoveman

• kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    sigorman85 wrote:
    A hat off to stoveman

Make that 2 hats off
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    sigorman85 wrote:
    A hat off to stoveman

Yep, that's good going.

I'm hoping to qualify for and complete Paris - Brest - Paris
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    I plan to lose at least 5kg. I've been static around 6 to 8kg overweight for the last couple of years.

I want to get faster on the bike but need to figure out how to do that while also training for my first marathon in April and my first Ironman 70.3 in August. So getting faster riding solo will probably include adapting to long periods in an aero position on the tri-bars general improved CV fitness and less bike specific training than the last few years.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    1st cat!
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    stoveman wrote:
    Main aim to get a lot more miles in on the bike.Dropped 2 1/2 stone since August,and hoping to be down to 13st by the beginning of August,would mean a total loss of just over 5 stone.
    Aiming for first 50 mile ride in a couple of months and then a 100 miler by the end of the year.

Pretty much mirrors my goals, though my weight loss has been a little slower.
    13 stone target weight (currently a smidge over 15)
    C2C in a day - Whitehaven to Sunderland-ish
    4000+ miles for the year (This year, I more than doubled last years 1500, with 3172 miles, don't think I'll manage to double it again..........yet :) )
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    My 2015 targets are to sort out my diet and to lose 4kg, to race more and have a top 3 finish in a road race, and finally, to find a new job (as i bl**dy hate mine!)

Oh, and of course to come up with an idea to solve the worlds energy crisis and bring peace to mankind :D
  • Get down to 62kg
    Ride for 24hrs (target date summer solstice)
    Tick off Ventoux
  • Ride Alpe 'd' Huez and possibly Ventoux June/July...anyone interested.
  • Looking for the next "Challenge"!

So far the progression has gone:

1. The Strathpuffer (24 hr MTB race in the Highlands in January) as part of a 4-man team
    2. Malin 2 Mizen Head
    3. Rat Race Road Trip - London 2 Edinburgh in 4 days - 440 miles.
    4. Alpe D'HuZes - 6x up the Alpe in a day (160km & 6500m)

Need something to build from there - normally something appears around now.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Cycle to Arctic Russia at some point.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • 5k - 7k kms , also take part of some competitions for fun