City-Link

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
Useless c*nts more like !!
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Have they lost your Living Doll outfit again?
  • MattC59
    Dunno, took the day off to take delivery and they've not shown up !
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    it was the 1980's when i first encoutered citylink

they were delivering some prototype pcbs

not only were they several hours late, the pcbs were no use, didn't match the schematics

even though being on time wouldn't have helped, i've never forgiven city link for this
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Not known as shitty link for nothing.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not known as sh!tty link for nothing.

Yep - one of the many carriers that refused to trade with us at work because we supplier dirty freight :(
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    City Link... their usual trick is not to turn up as scheduled and report that they'd tried to deliver and no one was home.
    They did that to me recently. I was using their on-line tracking....
    It went from showing the delivery window>> to a message saying they were sorry but they were running a bit late>> to a message saying they'd turned up at XX:XX and there was no one there.
    Totally untrue, I'd been there all the time, and they'd left no card.

The order was coming from John Lewis who I beat up on and they gave me a some money back. I refused to contact City Link and told John Lewis that if they chose to use such a crappy company they should sort it out for me. Which they did.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Don't even get me started in this lot. I now try and avoid using on line retailers who use City Link to deliver.
  • Fat Cat wrote:
    Don't even get me started in this lot. I now try and avoid using on line retailers who use City Link to deliver.

+1
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    JOHN LEWIS. are yu rich. Aldi do a great fetch it your self service :lol:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    john lewis are lovely

so is their collect from your local waitrose service

waitrose are lovely too
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Dabber wrote:
    The order was coming from John Lewis who I beat up on and they gave me a some money back. I refused to contact City Link and told John Lewis that if they chose to use such a crappy company they should sort it out for me. Which they did.
    Interesting to know as I ordered an ultrabook from them today and it has to be home delivered. Could do with some money back.

Yodel, now there's another wrong'un. They were touring around for two days with my new bike in one of their vans with no tracking information so I was sat at home for two days waiting for them. They eventually delivered it at 7:15am on the third day.
  • dabber
    Dabber wrote:
    Interesting to know as I ordered an ultrabook from them today and it has to be home delivered. Could do with some money back.

Yodel, now there's another wrong'un. They were touring around for two days with my new bike in one of their vans with no tracking information so I was sat at home for two days waiting for them. They eventually delivered it at 7:15am on the third day.

I should add that the City Link fiasco came at the end of a generally unsatisfactory buying experience from John Lewis.

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    papavero wrote:
    Fat Cat wrote:

+1

+2

All dealings with City Link have been not good:
    The only time they saved their selves was at christmas when I was in the queue along with a lot of other missed delivery people and one young kid went out of his way to find my Wiggle box which after an hour I got. The initial statement from one of his colleagues of the parcel having been already loaded onto the van for Sunday delivery was proved wrong especially when I specified a depot collection on Saturday as I needed the tyres to ride to work on Sunday. Another complainee in the queue kept asking for an address to write a letter of complaint and was told several times to look on the website for an email contact address which he refused but did get an actual postal address.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    We were spending over £6000/month with them and they had a spout of late deliveries so we took them up on the offer of claiming for later delivery that is guaranteed and they rejected us. The amount was around £60 only.
    We told them we would go elsewhere if they refused and they said fine.
    Haven't used them in 18 months.

We did even get a call asking if they could win us back.
    Living MY dream.
  • Marginally better than Yodel, but still pants. My last delivery that came with them they managed to leave the Preston depot at 8:20 and 'attempt delivery' in Kendal at 8:35. Strange though, as there was someone in at that time - in fact I was outside locking my bike up! I was tempted to report to the police as to get from Preston to Kendal (Roughly 40 miles) in 15 minutes they'd have to average 160mph.
  • MattC59
    I think this may beat the lot...........

I've just tracked a parcel from the UK to Kazakhstan, journey as follows:

London Heathrow
    Amsterdam
    Johannesburg
    London Heathrow
    East Midlands
    Leipzig
    Brussels
    Amsterdam
    Kazakhstan

Genius !!!
    :roll:
  • dabber
    MattC59 wrote:
    I think this may beat the lot...........

I've just tracked a parcel from the UK to Kazakhstan, journey as follows:

London Heathrow
    Amsterdam
    Johannesburg
    London Heathrow
    East Midlands
    Leipzig
    Brussels
    Amsterdam
    Kazakhstan

Genius !!!
    :roll:

The pretty route eh? :wink:

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    redvee wrote:
    papavero wrote:
    Fat Cat wrote:

+1

+2

All dealings with City Link have been not good:
    The only time they saved their selves was at christmas when I was in the queue along with a lot of other missed delivery people and one young kid went out of his way to find my Wiggle box which after an hour I got. The initial statement from one of his colleagues of the parcel having been already loaded onto the van for Sunday delivery was proved wrong especially when I specified a depot collection on Saturday as I needed the tyres to ride to work on Sunday. Another complainee in the queue kept asking for an address to write a letter of complaint and was told several times to look on the website for an email contact address which he refused but did get an actual postal address.

They are cheap for a reason. The nearest depot to us is about 20 minutes away but they send all deliveries to the depot over an hour away which is annoying when collecting parcels. I now check who retailers use and if it says City Link only I won't order from them.
  • Grate thread, would read again. 2/10
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Dabber wrote:
    City Link... their usual trick is not to turn up as scheduled and report that they'd tried to deliver and no one was home.
    They did that to me recently. I was using their on-line tracking....
    It went from showing the delivery window>> to a message saying they were sorry but they were running a bit late>> to a message saying they'd turned up at XX:XX and there was no one there.
    Totally untrue, I'd been there all the time, and they'd left no card.

Did exactly this to me, plus rude telephone 'help' desk just about called me a liar, would never use them out of choice
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Looks like their reputation has caught up with them.

Maybe the delivery drivers should have knocked on doors and waited while actually holding the parcel, rather than lying and putting a missed delivery card through the letterbox.

Scandalous when people had to take days off work to wait for their parcel, only for City-Link not to deliver.

By brother once expected a parcel to arrive, so he waited by the door for the courier. As the courier was putting the missed delivery card through the letter box my brother opened the door. The courier did not even bring the parcel in the van, it was still in the depot !

I remember Wiggle used City-Link. However after so many complaints they dropped City-Link for someone else (DX I think ???)
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Never used them - now I never will.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    I despise shittylink as a delivery company.
    However, there must be some unfortunate decent employees getting bad news this week.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    PBlakeney wrote:
    I despise shittylink as a delivery company.
    However, there must be some unfortunate decent employees getting bad news this week.
    Yes feel sorry for the 'few' decent workers amongst them but as a business surprised they lasted this long. Dishonest business practices and poor service, only one possible outcome. Hopefully the good staff will get new jobs and a secure future, saw a pic in the guardian of one of their vans outside one of their offices, looked like a travellers site with the amount of rubbish about just made me think that staff had no pride in their company, no one could be bothered to tidy up their place of work.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    7 years without a profit, no valid IT infrastructure, employees converted to self employed, sold last year for £1, the list goes on.

And the employees union saying it's a viable business though I suppose thats the only relevance unions have nowadays, worthless soundbites offering no value.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • The business is viable. Well, the business of delivering parcels. This one isn't. It won't be too long before there are other casualties because, frankly, DPD are awesome.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I normally feel sorry for the employees made redundant. But when they deliberately lied by putting missed delivery cards through the door rather than doing their job properly. I'm not surprised City-Link failed.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    ben@31 wrote:
    (DX I think ???)

Yes but my experiences of DX aren't much better. Both deliveries I've had from DX have been made at the second attempt, first delivery was my passport, second delivery was some large Wiggle goodies.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Slowmart wrote:
    7 years without a profit, no valid IT infrastructure, employees converted to self employed, sold last year for £1, the list goes on.

And the employees union saying it's a viable business though I suppose thats the only relevance unions have nowadays, worthless soundbites offering no value.

This isn't uncommon in this industry.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    The parcel delivery business is cut throat. Why on earth did Royal Mail shack up with Yokel?!? Of all parcel companies.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!