2015 BC licence

JackPozzi
JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
edited April 2015 in Amateur race
Impressed with the quality of the licence compared to previous years, BUT has anyone else stuck their photo in place and not realised that they were supposed to sign the back?

Fear I may have cocked up...

Comments

• ellj22
    ellj22 Posts: 122
    They may look a little more flash but not impressed with some of the writing coming off after 2 days! What stops you signing it after affixing photo? You sign the other side of the licence on mine.
  • JackPozzi
    I'll be honest, I may have been a little drunk when I did it, but it's now fully laminated, was I supposed to peel the laminated back so I could sign it? Should be able to get away with signing it using a permanent marker I guess but not sure how long it will last...
  • ellj22
    Haha OK. On the new ones I think you just sign in the box with a biro on top of the lamination. There seems to be a coating on there to help you write on it. At least there was on mine but it only went 1/3rd of the way across the box so I made my signature really small. I don't think it will be long before I contact BC for a new card.

Is yours the same in that you only self laminate the photo part of the card?
  • JackPozzi
    It was only the section where the photo goes that had the peel off bits on the laminate but I can't get a biro to work on the back, so wondered if the plastic might have peeled off to enable writing on the paper part on the back of the card. Had a lightbulb moment and Tippex could be the answer.
  • ellj22
    Yea Tippex or rough it up with some fine wet and dry paper.

You can no longer cut your old photo out and reuse each year!
  • JackPozzi
    ellj22 wrote:
    Yea Tippex or rough it up with some fine wet and dry paper.

You can no longer cut your old photo out and reuse each year!
    I'll find a way, even though the photo on my racing licence does look like every photofit of a rapist you've ever seen...
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    If you're not elite already, you'll just need to train hard and race lots to upgrade...

If you are elite, then I guess you'll have to try and get an upgrade in BMX, or some weird MTB category...

Either way, you'll get a new licence in the post...
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • JackPozzi
    But will I be allowed to race without a signature?? Haven't actually raced BC for a few years so not sure how strict it is but hoping to do some track stuff soon...
  • ellj22
    I've never seen them check details on licence. If they say it needs to be signed just ask to borrow a pen and try to sign it in front of them. If you are worried about it give BC a call, I have always found it easy to speak to them and they send stuff out quickly.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I had one commissaire insist that I change the photo I had on my licence, as it was not regulation or whatever...very odd...I mean it was critical in a 3/4 chipper 25 mile circuit race... probably not bothering with BC in 2015 however, so a none issue for me...prefer the more laid back attitude of TLI/LVRC .
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Still waiting for mine :|
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Still waiting for mine too, called and renewed it early last month, and looking at my account on their website it says I'm Cat 4 again? Not sure why? Should be Cat 3... how confusing
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    The signature strip is a joke - has anybody managed to write on it successfully yet..?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Sharpie.
  • imposter2.0
    I'll take it into town later - see if I can get it engraved. Nothing else seems to be working...
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    Strangely I managed to sign the back no probs with a Biro, but can I write the number for emergency contact? NOOOOOOO!!!!
  • imposter2.0
    Tell us which biro? I'll buy one today...
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Imposter wrote:
    Tell us which biro? I'll buy one today...

just a normal el cheapo biro, worked on 2 licences, i wonder if they changed the coating on dif batches?
  • imposter2.0
    must have. No biro will even leave a mark on mine or my lad's licences...
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    No problems signing mine at all...?
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    For the sake of clarity I used a Bic 'Cristal' ballpoint pen... an inexpensive offering from the ballpoint pen manufacturing giants and available to purchase in your local convenience store.
  • imposter2.0
    I've just had a couple of new licences sent through to replace the old ones, and the new ones can be written on without problem..
  • taon24
    taon24 Posts: 185
    I used permanent marker. This worked well, as long as you let it dry for 20 minutes before putting it in your wallet.