Wiggle Sale

cal_stewart
cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
edited January 2015 in Road general
Is it just me or is the wiggle sale this year a bit shot?
eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
Cervelo P5 EPS
www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Not just you. Bit rubbish this year I think. Evans doing some good stuff (Castelli Muur eVent jacket for £119 for example) but I missed the £20 voucher for over £100 spend which ended midnight Xmas Eve. :cry:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • cal_stewart
    Was hoping for 20% off a wahoo kickr
    eating parmos since 1981

Cervelo P5 EPS
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Certainly not what it's been in previous years. I was hoping to grab an edge 810 for under 200.

Maybe a tad optimistic.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • cal_stewart
    I'll wait till tomorrow to order, sometimes there sale starts the 27
    eating parmos since 1981

Cervelo P5 EPS
  • TheHound wrote:
    Certainly not what it's been in previous years. I was hoping to grab an edge 810 for under 200.

Maybe a tad optimistic.

Best I've seen is £212 on Handtec
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • PLuKE
    PLuKE Posts: 181
    They had a Zipp wheelset with tyre and tube buddle. I looked yesterday and was upper £600. Now it's up in low £700.

How does that work?!
    2013 Merida Ride 93 Carbon
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    PLuKE wrote:
    They had a Zipp wheelset with tyre and tube buddle. I looked yesterday and was upper £600. Now it's up in low £700.

How does that work?!

Wiggle is like watching the stock exchange, stick what you want in your wishlist and wait for them to drop.

Their AVS pro shorts have gone from £58 to £79 today alone.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Wiggle has a strange pricing policy. Prices change daily and most things that I'm after seem to go up in a sale. I hardly ever by stuff from wiggle now. Can always find it cheaper elsewhere.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    iPete wrote:
    PLuKE wrote:

How does that work?!

Wiggle is like watching the stock exchange, stick what you want in your wishlist and wait for them to drop.

This is exactly what you have to do. Retailers now manipulate prices continually to create fake sales and make price comparison as difficult as possible. This is especially true for anything to do with road biking where things cost more for no real reason other than the average road biker has more money. If you keep watching there are real bargains. My wife's gore bike wear jacket cost £43 brand new with a large reduction.
  • taff..
    taff.. Posts: 81
    the great Wiggle sale, last 365 days a year and certainly for clothing, unless you're XS or XXL don't bother even looking.

fortunately I'm XXL :mrgreen:
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I agree, Wiggle sale has been very disappointing (even if you do get free haribo).
    That said, they have price matched a few deals for me, allowing me to use my christmas vouchers :D
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Kajjal wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    PLuKE wrote:

How does that work?!

This is exactly what you have to do. Retailers now manipulate prices continually to create fake sales and make price comparison as difficult as possible. This is especially true for anything to do with road biking where things cost more for no real reason other than the average road biker has more money. If you keep watching there are real bargains. My wife's gore bike wear jacket cost £43 brand new with a large reduction.
    Sort of right. The pricing is algorithm controlled and perpetually changing based on perceived supply vs demand. Something starts moving quickly, prices go up. It's actually no different to any stock market. It can seem a bit weird as it's not what we're used to but it makes perfect sense.
  • Wiggle has gone downhill in my eyes this year. I don't know if it's just me but they don't seem to stock/list the items I want to buy. Any "Sale" emails I get I don't even bother reading any more because there will be another one tomorrow.
  • Morning all! Pelican cycles in Chesterfield have some good deals on Zipp 303's. Part exchange on Kask vertigo helmets too. ItS a good lbs. give Neil a visit.
  • Morning all! Pelican cycles in Chesterfield have some good deals on Zipp 303's. Part exchange on Kask vertigo helmets too. ItS a good lbs. give Neil a visit.
    Thanks Neil, nice to meet you.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    morstar wrote:
    Kajjal wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    PLuKE wrote:

How does that work?!

Sort of right. The pricing is algorithm controlled and perpetually changing based on perceived supply vs demand. Something starts moving quickly, prices go up. It's actually no different to any stock market. It can seem a bit weird as it's not what we're used to but it makes perfect sense.

That makes more sense, I noticed Amazon do the same.
  • iPete
    Can you please all stop buying the AVS professional summer shorts?

They are really bad but I need a pair.
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    for me wiggle has become the default store all year round...but not when everyone has proper sales on. to be fair i have looked round all the sales and nothing has caught my eye anywhere.....finally i don't seem to "need" anything
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • Wiggle nor chain reaction are ever the cheapest for anything I want.
    Planet x Ribble or merlin always seem significantly cheaper, wiggle can keep their haribo.
  • They have sales all the time, and weirdly I think you get better deals when the sales aren't on. Not on everything, but they'll usually be a certain brand or individual products which have a big discount. I find it's best to get stuff when they're discounting specific brands. I managed to get a pair of the ASV shorts for about £43 when they had a 25% voucher code for DHBs 10 year anniversary. I obviously don't need them now, but my shorts are starting to fade and they can sit in the drawer until summer. To be fair, I think most retailers advertise big 'sales' to get attention despite those sales not being very good, it's not exclusive to Wiggle.
  • Yes I also thought the Wiggle sale was poor this year. Seems like they just made a big fuss over the clearance stuff they already had going.

The castelli cafe sale is excellent however with 30% off most items, which means stuff you need now like winter jackets etc
  • iPete
    Most 'sales' are average and arguably just normal discounting in the Boxing Day period because everyone is shopping. Wait till January when the number of shoppers dries up and the real bargains kick in.

I picked loads of great North Face gear at half price last year.
    Thanks Neil, nice to meet you.

Popped in there in the summer. Great shop for Chesterfield and really nice guy working there (might have been Neil).
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Neil is a nice guy tbf .... Another +1 for Pelican

No, I'm not Neil either ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!