edited December 2014 in Pro race
Some classic pain-cave whimpering at the 1 minute mark :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c75b_98q-0c
Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Ha ha. Good stuff

Can see that coming to a Sufferfest video near you soon!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Have a friend who did this, it looks absolutely mental, but good fun.

Maybe we need a British one...
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • Brilliant !

We could host the GB one in the fens near my house :)
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    This event takes place about 20 miles from where i live. It says on the video they had to contend with wind speed 9 which is about 60Km/h and still the winner managed over 28Km/h on a bike with no gears.They are nuts no doubt about it. :wink:
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    ademort wrote:
    This event takes place about 20 miles from where i live. It says on the video they had to contend with wind speed 9 which is about 60Km/h and still the winner managed over 28Km/h on a bike with no gears.They are nuts no doubt about it. :wink:

I'm in Burgh Haamstede for Christmas, didn't bring my bike with me and glad I didn't as when we were on the beach earlier it felt like I was going to be blown over, the bloody wind was so strong !!!!!

By the way, I may reach out for you for some good routes when I next head to the area.
  • kingstonian
    By the way, the first stage of the 2015 TdF finishes where this took place.
  • ademort

Yes it does and it,s going to be a madhouse. If you are here again why not do a tour of the Veerse Meer and take in Neeltje Jans en the Zeelandbrug. Always wind here but sadly NO HILLS as i,m sure you will have noticed. :wink:
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • kingstonian
    ademort wrote:

Yes it does and it,s going to be a madhouse. If you are here again why not do a tour of the Veerse Meer and take in Neeltje Jans en the Zeelandbrug. Always wind here but sadly NO HILLS as i,m sure you will have noticed. :wink:

Great, thanks for the suggestions. My in-laws moved to Burgh-Haamstede earlier in the year so we expect to be here a couple of times a year, so I'm definitely going to be bringing my bike at some stage. Just won't be looking to participate in the headwind-cycling championship !!!!!
  • ademort
    Let me know when you are coming as there may be an event that you can take part in. Usually cost around €10 and you can quite often register on the day.
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Some classic pain-cave whimpering at the 1 minute mark :-D

Bahaha.

Reasons why I'll never make it pro - It's once in a blue moon I find myself doing said whimpering.