Rockshox Gold 30 120mm Newbie

bruce225
bruce225 Posts: 129
edited December 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Just realised that when I picked my bike up in Halfords (Boardman Team 650) late night that I've know idea about it or been given any manuals or any instructions.

But can any one tell me anything about these forks or putting air in etc. dials on the top/lockout how it works anything that may help me.

Can't seem to find a user manual on the Rockshox site.

Thanks

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Look for the Recon Gold manual. It's the same fork.
    Blue knob is compression, black cap on top the other leg is the air valve, red knob on the bottom of the leg is rebound.
  • I've got a set of the RS 30 Gold TK.

I'am pretty sure that the blue dial is just a turnkey lockout. Also if its like mine it wont have the red adjust on the bottom, but a black adjuster at the bottom to adjust rebound. As Rockmonkey stated the black cap just covers the air valve.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    There should be a red knob at the bottom. They can fall out though.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They ain't red on OE models, just serviced one. Is a black plastic thing.
  • bob6397
    bob6397 Posts: 218
    The same as mine then.. Looking at from sitting on the bike the black thing on the top of the left stanchion is the air valve (I run mine at about 75 psi and I weigh about 8 stone). The blue thing on the right hand side is the lockout. This reduces travel to 20mm (pretty much nothing), generally useful if doing a longer distance on road as energy isn't lost through the fork. Turn clockwise to lock, anti-clockwise to unlock.
    On the bottom of the right hand stanchion there is a red (maybe black) adjuster. This adjusts the rebound, labelled from tortoise (slow) to hare (fast). Adjust as you want - set near the middle to start with and go from there is you're not sure.

Hope this helps :)
    Boardman HT Team - Hardtail
    Rose Pro-SL 2000 - Roadie
  • bruce225
    bruce225 Posts: 129
    Thanks for the replies complete lack of knowledge with these things my fault for not asking in Halfords to run it through with me.

Surprised on the Sram site that I can't seem to find anything manual wise even when I did look at the Recon manual nothing in there ref the basics unless I'm looking in the wrong place...
  • bob6397
    bob6397 Posts: 218
    Try this - took a couple of mins of digging :)

https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.net ... ev_d_0.pdf

its a generic manual but should have everything in it that you need.

bob6397
    Boardman HT Team - Hardtail
    Rose Pro-SL 2000 - Roadie