Gopro

tarbot18
tarbot18 Posts: 531
edited January 2015 in MTB general
Happy xmas forumites ,
Ive recently got a gopro 4 the basic model whats the best free editing software to use ?
im currently using windows live movie maker which isnt the easiest or best but i have vista on my laptop so cant use the latest gopro stuff off their site as that requires minimum windows 7 !
thanks lee
The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Have you tried using GoPro Studio on your PC?
    It may work with Vista, albeit a bit slow.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I know from experience Gopro studio does work with Vista.
    Everything is slow with Vista.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    ill try putting it on my creaky old laptop and see how it gets on cheers
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Maro
    Maro Posts: 226
    For editting I use Lightworks, it's free and very powerful, it's not easy to use at first but there are free totorials made buy the guys who make the softwear.

Shortly after buying my gopro (HD3black) I found out that my laptop wasn't up to the job and I ended up buying a new PC with a good processor and a decent graphics card.
    Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.
  • Ha, having the same issue!
    Got a gopro4 black, my older mac pro can just about handle 1080p, but anything larger and it really struggles.

Good excuse for a ne computer though!
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Ha, having the same issue!
    Got a gopro4 black, my older mac pro can just about handle 1080p, but anything larger and it really struggles.

Good excuse for a ne computer though!

Unless you're producing 'pro' shots anything more than 1080p is a waste of time. Shoot at 1080 and save yourself the expense and agro.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Whats the fun in that :wink:

Couldnt care less if noone else watches the stuff, infact I hardly put it on youtube. It more because I can, why the hell not.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Whats the fun in that :wink:

True. If it's for fun it's all good. Can't argue against toys!
    Couldnt care less if noone else watches the stuff, infact I hardly put it on youtube. It more because I can, why the hell not.

A lot of people are, though, getting caught up in the 4K thing now just because the marketing guys are telling them nothing else will do. I've got clients now asking for everything to be shot in 4K when the only place anyone is going to watch it is on the web at a fraction of the resolution. You can talk most of them down but some of them will have none of it and are happy to spend a bucket of money they don't need to.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • I've got a GoPro Hero4 Silver aswell and I use GoPro Studio on my MacBook Pro, it just seems to be the easiest for me to use. Great for editing and viewing your pictures and videos.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Whats the fun in that :wink:

True. If it's for fun it's all good. Can't argue against toys!

A lot of people are, though, getting caught up in the 4K thing now just because the marketing guys are telling them nothing else will do. I've got clients now asking for everything to be shot in 4K when the only place anyone is going to watch it is on the web at a fraction of the resolution. You can talk most of them down but some of them will have none of it and are happy to spend a bucket of money they don't need to.

Not to mention the stupid file sizes which make distributing and storing with it a mega PITA.