Keeping a room clean

Crapaud
Crapaud Posts: 2,483
edited December 2014 in Road general
If you keep your bike in the house / flat, how do you keep all the road shit off the floor?

I was going to try and get an offcut of carpet or lino then I spotted velo sock via a targeted ad (presumably). Anyone used one? Any good? It looks a bit flimsy and not very hard wearing, but who am I to judge.
A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,846
    I'd gor for a combo of lino and carpet. Lino under the carpet to stop water getting to the good flooring and carpet to soak some of the drips

The velo sock looks interesting to get on. You'll probably have dripped everywhere before getting it on unless you do it at the fron door and carry it in.
  • katiebob
    katiebob Posts: 208
    I keep mine in the hall and use this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/19115306 ... 108&ff19=0
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I use the mat that came with my turbo trainer. Good excuse for getting a turbo as well...
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    My bikes used to live indoors when I lived in a flat. Flat had wooden floors, I just used to put down an old towel. After each ride the bikes got a good wash (bath) so not much crap going on the floor. The biggest mess made was to the walls from the bars, tyres and cranks.
  • I use some sheets of DPM.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I have a large foam mat that they all stand on. Sometimes a bit of newspaper to catch any major drips.