Another new build on a SAB carbon frame

captain_vimes
captain_vimes Posts: 262
edited December 2014 in Your road bikes
My last build was a flat-bar road bike with Deore running gear for mucking about on, but I was so impressed with the SAB frame that I bought another one to build up as a full road bike.

The frame is 55cm square and is set up for me in the photo's. I am 5'10" with a 31" inside leg. Full SAB carbon frame, Felt carbon forks, RS20 wheels, Prolite bars, Spoon saddle and then a full Tiagra groupset with the exception of 105 shifters and bottom bracket.

Only had the one 3 mile ride today to get the gears set up and seat/bars adjusted but rode really, really nicely. :D

Not sure if I will keep it for a season or sell on as the bike count is up to six now..... :shock:

All parts are new except the wheels which only have a couple of hundred miles in them and are as good as new. Total cost came in just over £620 thanks to the ridiculous £99 frame price!

It certainly looks the dogs (in my humble opinion....)

CIMG0742_zpsa1c644da.jpg

CIMG0743_zpse3063810.jpg

CIMG0741_zpsd197ceda.jpg

CIMG0744_zps7bd84a53.jpg

CIMG0751_zpsd778c865.jpg

CIMG0753_zpsd93b3d88.jpg

And my previous SAB build....

CIMG0493_zps1634538a.jpg

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    That green frame is ridiculously cool. So smart.

Any linkies to where you got it? I feel that I need one.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Looks great - well proportioned and subtley styled. With limited seat post showing, could you have gone for next size down and longer stem ?
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Fair point on the frame size, I would normally ride a 53/54 but with the SAB frames it is run-out stock so you have to take what's available. I won't be keeping it long term so not too worried about the perfect fit. The greenie rides absolutely brilliantly as a flat bar. The only place you can get one is Planet X I think as they bought up all the SAB stock. Don't think there any more left, but you could always ask....