Movistar Special Announcement

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
edited January 2015 in Pro race
According to the tweets, Movistar will announce something special in London on Friday

Have at it lads, guess away...
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    A Dowsett hour attempt probably.

Possibly a UK based co-sponsor?
  • ddraver
    I reckon theyre trying so hard to copy Sky that theyve got Rapha to sponsor them too...
    - @ddraver
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    mr_poll wrote:

/thread.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Joining Velon?
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Valverde has kidnapped Quintana?
  • The_Boy wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:

/thread.
    +1
  • A womens team?

or maybe Father Christmas IS real.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Vos has joined them and will be racing with the blokes.
  • ddraver
    ...and is now TdF captain!!
    - @ddraver
  • 500 free minutes 2 GB 1000 texts
  • joelsim
    500 free minutes 2 GB 1000 texts

And a free Piti wallpaper!
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Rojas admitting it, perhaps ?
  • joelsim
    andy_wrx wrote:
    Rojas admitting it, perhaps ?

Hope not. He's in my draft fantasy team. Whilst I don't like doping, I have to draw the line when there are fantasy points on offer.
  • Their 2015 Canyon haven't arrived yet or they have arrived but they have a cracked head tube?
    left the forum March 2023
  • ddraver
    Mods, you need to give poor Ugo some time off looking after Road General! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,195
    Only one more sleep until the big news! I'm so excited!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Their 2015 Canyon haven't arrived yet or they have arrived but they have a cracked head tube?

Hehe! :lol:
  • @Movistar_Team · 37s 37 seconds ago
    The #PerfectHour: @alexdowsett to attack #UCIHourRecord in London - and help many change their own lives. News later!

B5NSttfCIAEhnTF.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    B5Nh99LCEAEAxiD.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    @Movistar_Team · 37s 37 seconds ago
    The #PerfectHour: @alexdowsett to attack #UCIHourRecord in London - and help many change their own lives. News later!

B5NSttfCIAEhnTF.jpg
    So he's not giving over a whole year to it, like certain other 'cycling celebrities'? :roll:
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I suppose the later that anyone leaves it, by definition, the harder it gets, assuming all the other contender break the record. Dowsett is getting in while it's still doable. I suspect this little rush will come to an end after Wiggins has done it. I think he might even beat Boardmans record which would put it on the shelf for a good while.
  • Not sure he will beat Bobridge to be honest, guess he/we will have more of an idea once Bobridge has had his go will be interesting to see if Bobridge smashes it if Dowsitt still goes through with it. I guess they have a rough idea of what they are capable to doing to pretty much know provided they don't blow or get a mechanical what distance if achievable.
  • 1506878_916192875065362_4365788664736555563_n.jpg
    10170898_916192898398693_1831063245457205798_n.jpg
    10857995_916192871732029_4245712973303675879_n.jpg
    b5nd-j10.jpg
    b5ngzz10.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    He's riding clinchers?
  • They're Ghiblis, built with a Kevlar skin across an alu tubular rim
  • joelsim
    He will have to perform well to beat Bobridge, Dowsett's performances weren't top notch this year, he's definitely a level below Wiggo, Dumoulin and Panzer, and also below Kwia, Chavanel and a few others too. It'll be interesting to see if he can beat Brandle as IMO they are about the same standard.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    Joelsim wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see if he can beat Brandle as IMO they are about the same standard.

They're not.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    We need to know which band Dowsett is for Rich's festival.

I think we're moving into the area of 'bands that have that one song you know.'

Fair play to the UCI. Wether by accident or design they've breathed a bit of life into the hour record
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see if he can beat Brandle as IMO they are about the same standard.

They're not.

Ohhhhh yes they are.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    No chance. Brandle is a decent enough rider, but Dowsett is one of those guys who is just a step or two down from the big boys.

No comparison imo.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy