North South divide

Sewinman
Sewinman Posts: 2,131
edited December 2014 in Commuting chat
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/r ... exist.html

This is clearly all complete lies as they have only just released the Nokia 3210 in the North.

Comments

• What about the midlands?

Or can I just claim the best of bits of each?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Why claim it, we already have it!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • In any case, it's just the South vs Very South divide - we're tougher, faster and longer up here :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    According to the statistics, an average recreational (non-commute) ride in the north lasts for 2hr 21mins and covers 24.61 miles, while an average ride in the south takes less time (2hr 17mins) but covers an extra 0.2 miles.

Cyclists in the south consequently travel 0.62mph faster than their northern counterparts.

You're all fat pie eaters up north by all accounts then :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    arran77 wrote:
    According to the statistics, an average recreational (non-commute) ride in the north lasts for 2hr 21mins and covers 24.61 miles, while an average ride in the south takes less time (2hr 17mins) but covers an extra 0.2 miles.

Cyclists in the south consequently travel 0.62mph faster than their northern counterparts.

You're all fat pie eaters up north by all accounts then :P
    No, we just have hills, on average 398m more climbing and less time spent stood still at traffic lights.
    What about the midlands?

Or can I just claim the best of bits of each?
    Nah, worst of both, as if the accents weren't bad enough!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.