Magazine and light support thread

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited May 2015 in Commuting chat
Well, more like lack of magazine and light for many.
What are the chances Gabriel keeps any such offers to himself next time? I can't say I'd blame him after this farce.

Comments

• signing in with money taken in exchange for no magazine or light.

ProCycling seem to be an incredibly secretive organisation but I now have the name of the Immediate Media CEO so am primed for escalating this.

To my mind they timed the offer to coincide with the clocks going back so to not deliver the light for 2 months is pathetic.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    signing in with money taken in exchange for no magazine or light.

ProCycling seem to be an incredibly secretive organisation but I now have the name of the Immediate Media CEO so am primed for escalating this.

To my mind they timed the offer to coincide with the clocks going back so to not deliver the light for 2 months is pathetic.

They are on Hammersmith Road on the corner of Brook Green. Swanky offices. Those of you who are London / Surrey based should all pop along one morning on the way to work and vent your feelings.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Asprilla wrote:
    signing in with money taken in exchange for no magazine or light.

They are on Hammersmith Road on the corner of Brook Green. Swanky offices. Those of you who are London / Surrey based should all pop along one morning on the way to work and vent your feelings.

in our lightless state they would not even see us coming
  • Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    It sounds like they already did.

See you coming, that is.
  • Well, in the magazine that was delivered this week was the advert for the same deal stating that the mag and light deal was still on until January. this to me at least suggests they have a supply line and are just awaiting more lights to arrive before delivery to us punters.
    i didnt think the mag is that bad but i wouldnt pay a fiver a month for it
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    At the end of the day, you weren't buying a light, you were buying a magazine subscription which came with a gift light - it's pretty understandable (what with the change of ownership that seems to have been happening) that things have taken a while to go through - to be fair to them, although I signed up the day that Gabriel pointed out the offer, they have only actually debited by account in the last fortnight, and I've received my magazine, which doesn't seem particularly unreasonable.

Clearly it's frustrating that some latecomers appear to have received their lights ahead of us, but at the end of the day we're getting it for a third of it's retail price, which we all decided was worth waiting for, otherwise we could have popped into our local evans/onto wiggle etc and had it much sooner.
  • The daft thing is that any goodwill they created with the offer has long-since evaporated. The moment the light turns up, I'm cancelling the DD. I do, at least, have the mag.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • TimothyW wrote:
    At the end of the day, you weren't buying a light, you were buying a magazine subscription which came with a gift light - it's pretty understandable (what with the change of ownership that seems to have been happening) that things have taken a while to go through - to be fair to them, although I signed up the day that Gabriel pointed out the offer, they have only actually debited by account in the last fortnight, and I've received my magazine, which doesn't seem particularly unreasonable.

Clearly it's frustrating that some latecomers appear to have received their lights ahead of us, but at the end of the day we're getting it for a third of it's retail price, which we all decided was worth waiting for, otherwise we could have popped into our local evans/onto wiggle etc and had it much sooner.

To be honest i'm sure the majority of us did in deed subscribe for £20-£25 to get a £70 light with the intention of cancelling the DD as soon as the light arrived.
    i'm in no way grumpy about waiting as it was clearly marked it may take up to 60 days so hey ho. its still a bargain
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    If I'd received the light in decent time, then I would in all honesty have kept the DD, as the deal is truly great value. If everyone cancelled the DD after getting the free gift, then any future offers would obviously not be forthcoming.

But considering how protracted it's becoming and some people unfairly getting their light before others, I think my hand could well be hovering over the 'cancel direct debit' button as soon as I get mine.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Yaay!! I got my light :)

Actually, that's a lie, I just wanted to know what it felt like to say it :(
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I'm confused they take the DD every six months the first one being just before they send anything out to you, my debit came out the day before the magazine arrived, so cancelling it now would be pointless.

I did get a letter yes a letter from them with the same no stock 28 days message.

Who sends letters?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I know this industry so don't agree with the folk on here who think it is understandable etc... address labels automatically sorted at the print works which means somebody failed to add the names and press save before print deadline. You will not receive your mag unless some indolent swine can not be bothered to pop them in an envelope and scrawl a name on the front then put it in the "Post Out" tray.

As for the lights... they were used as an incentive to coincide with the clocks going back. On that basis delivery post Xmas is unreasonable.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I'm not that bothered (though it was fun to poke fun at Gabriel). I paid 20 quid for six magazines and a light that retails for way more than £20. I'm sure I'll get six magazines and a light at some point; if it takes a while to turn up I'll survive...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • veronese68
    TGOTB wrote:
    I'm not that bothered (though it was fun to poke fun at Gabriel). I paid 20 quid for six magazines and a light that retails for way more than £20. I'm sure I'll get six magazines and a light at some point; if it takes a while to turn up I'll survive...
    Very much agree with this, especially as I have my light and first magazine. I do feel a tiny bit bad for Gabriel not having his yet.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I enjoyed the fun :D and yes, I am still without my light. Counting the days to 60 now.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    This thread is well overdue. I'm looking forward to spamming it with internet bargains. Then you'll all know how it feels to be following the bargains spotted thread.

(where is the sarcasm font?)
    Insert bike here:
  • veronese68
    mpatts wrote:
    This thread is well overdue. I'm looking forward to spamming it with internet bargains. Then you'll all know how it feels to be following the bargains spotted thread.

Sarcasm that subtle doesn't need a font, even I could see it.
  • mpatts wrote:

Your fault for not ordering a light - no sympathy :roll:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Is this offer still running?
    Good offer and I've the patience to wait.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Yep, until the somethingth of January. It's in the magazine.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Yes, still running until January.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Cheers.
    It's not online anywhere?
    Tried google but no success.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I received a letter in the post today from Debbie Plumber saying that they have had unprecedented demand and that they have ordered further lights from the supplier and that the lights will be with us within 28 days. I would imagine you will also start getting these letters soon.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I received what I assume to be the same letter today.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    One of those letters too, about a week after I had phoned (about something else) and been told it was 28-60 days.

Didn't rate the magazine at all unfortunately.
  • I got that letter this week too...
  • Got the same letter this afternoon
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I got one from cjcp seems he's stuck abroad and urgently needs some cash, I appear to have left my wallet in the jag.
    Anyone care to step in ...? Send the cash to

Cjcp c/o
    Boffin towers
    Windshire
    Uk
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    itboffin wrote:
    I got one from cjcp seems he's stuck abroad and urgently needs some cash, I appear to have left my wallet in the jag.-
    Turns out the whole Ukraine thing was a ruse, to try to get out of doing the CX Nationals...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Got my letter today supposedly from Debbie Plummer but pp'd by gabriel959
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.