Cheap Sealskin gloves

Dandelionclock30
Dandelionclock30 Posts: 306
edited December 2014 in Road general
http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/outlet.

The outlet at sealskins are selling off a lot of their gloves for £12.00 a go, worth a look I think.

Comments

• bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Thanks a lot for the heads up - perfect timing for a pair of winter gloves!
  • Are they real sealskin?
  • Dandelionclock30
    Dandelionclock30 Posts: 306
    edited December 2014
    No thats just the name of the company. The products are made from nylon, polyester etc.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Are they real sealskin?
    Perfect for going clubbing.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    No thats just the name of the company. The products are made from nylon, polyester etc.

Cool - thank you. I thought it was obscene and sick that real seal skin products were being sold off so cheap - after all, seal skin is a premium product that should fetch a premium luxury price.

When we were down in the Falklands we kidnapped a load of penguins and, upon return to the UK, sold them to a local Premiership footballer's WAG as mobile ornaments.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Thanks for that i got a pair of £65 xtreme cold weather gloves for £12....bargain
  • No thats just the name of the company. The products are made from nylon, polyester etc.
    Really? How disappointing. And there was me going to buy a pair......

I clearly was sold their socks under false pretences.
  • Matthewfalle
    Thanks for that i got a pair of £65 xtreme cold weather gloves for £12....bargain

I've just got two pairs of socks for less than the price of one Paisley. Bargainissimo.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • If you hang around on the homepage it offers you 10% off for signing up to their email mailing list as well.
  • Matthewfalle
    If you hang around on the homepage it offers you 10% off for signing up to their email mailing list as well.

I gave them a quick call and asked if they Army discount - the lovely lady who spoke to me said that officially no, but ...... However, further discounts not applicable to massively discounted stuff.

Still better than Planet X who offer no discount at all ...... Boo hiss Planet X, get it sorted.

If the extra 10% off works though then chapeau - very well done.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    Ordered a pair of the £35 socks for £12; they've got 12 five stars out of 12 reviews, so I think they could well work, and after today's soaking I'm looking forward to trying them out. Thanks OP!
  • Thanks DDClock I do love a bargain!
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    Cheers,just ordered a pair of gloves.
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    Cheers too...just ordered...erm...more than one pair!
  • Nice one, just ordered a £45 pair for £12 minus the 10% discount.
  • nice one. wasn't too sure on sizes so held off for a bit. went to go outdoors to pick up some socks for my sister and tried on the sealskin gloves in store :) although their size guide says i should take a Large its too tight, the XL is fine. just order three gloves and some socks. no extended warranty but i suppose we are still covered by uk distance selling rules and one year warranty (statutory uk)
    oh yes i also got the 10% off too :)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    nice one. wasn't too sure on sizes so held off for a bit. went to go outdoors to pick up some socks for my sister and tried on the sealskin gloves in store :) although their size guide says i should take a Large its too tight, the XL is fine. just order three gloves and some socks. no extended warranty but i suppose we are still covered by uk distance selling rules and one year warranty (statutory uk)
    oh yes i also got the 10% off too :)

I got the XL lobsters and they fit my slim hands fine! In contrast, I followed their size guide for some socks and they are really one size too large!! Close enough though.....
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    I got the XL lobsters and they fit my slim hands fine! In contrast, I followed their size guide for some socks and they are really one size too large!! Close enough though.....

How do you find them when changing gear? I tried a pair of Specialized ones in store and they were really warm, I just chose not to buy them because I imagine changing gear being pretty tricky. I prefer my gloves with as little padding etc as possible, so winter gloves are always tricky.
  • I bought a pair 4 weeks ago and yes it's painful to see them discounted now but was concerned about changing gear myself, surprisingly though I have had no problems either on road or mtb it is a bit weird to start with but you get used to it....and frankly changing gear with warm fingers in lobsters is a dam site better than cold hands.
  • Matthewfalle
    My socks have just turned up - very nice indeed. Not £37.99 a pair nice but very nice for £12 a pair.

Bizarrely looking forward to Brecon in January to test them out ........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • The only cycling gloves left are for odd sized people and women, however they do have ski gloves and MrsHD likes to have warm hands...
    Advocate of disc brakes.