Any wiggle discount codes £500 spend

small_bloke
small_bloke Posts: 222
edited December 2014 in Commuting chat
Anyone know of any discount code for Wiggle for buying components. Even 5% or 10% would be useful for spending on a 105 groupset and Campag Zonda 11 speed wheels.?

Comments

• Possibly better off getting the 105 Groupset at Evans, same price, then using the £50 voucher they give you off the Zonda?
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    Anyone know of any discount code for Wiggle for buying components. Even 5% or 10% would be useful for spending on a 105 groupset and Campag Zonda 11 speed wheels.?

If you go through quidco and pay using paypal that will give you 4% - best I can see.
    Evans likewise is 4%, so as already suggested, that's probably the way to go to maximise your bargains.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Does it have to be Wiggle?

I'd buy from Ribble. Get the Zondas now for £249.99 - 12% = £220 and get a £50 voucher for the 105 groupset in January making it £265 ish

Total spend £485 vs current Wiggle price of £550ish
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    IC. wrote:
    Does it have to be Wiggle?

I'd buy from Ribble. Get the Zondas now for £249.99 - 12% = £220 and get a £50 voucher for the 105 groupset in January making it £265 ish

Total spend £485 vs current Wiggle price of £550ish

Alas Ribble are, and always seem to be, Campag fitment only for the Zondas.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    But if he's going 11 speed does it matter? I've heard you can now run either cassette because the spacing is the same. Might be wrong, usually am.

Edit - he'd need another cassette of course. Which would pop the total spend up a bit, even taking in to account selling the 105 one.
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • Thanks all for your advise so far. Some good points raised.
    I chose Wiggle because they have good service and their price is competitive on Zondas.

The Evans idea sounds good as well - they sell their 105 11-speed groupset same as wiggle (£299). But their Zondas are £50 more compared to Wiggle (£300 Evans vs £250 Wiggle). Perhaps a £50 voucher maybe useful though if they price matched their Zondas at £250 minus £50 voucher = £200 for Zondas.

P.S I've never been a massive fan of Ribble - generally slow service and not very easy returns. Also as mentioned their Zondas are Campag only - I need Shimano.

However I will mention Ribble have a choice of 165mm cranks on 105 11 speed groupset which I've always wanted. Albeit 165mm out of stock at the moment.
  • Thanks all for your advise so far. Some good points raised.
    I chose Wiggle because they have good service and their price is competitive on Zondas.

The Evans idea sounds good as well - they sell their 105 11-speed groupset same as wiggle (£299). But their Zondas are £50 more compared to Wiggle (£300 Evans vs £250 Wiggle). Perhaps a £50 voucher maybe useful though if they price matched their Zondas at £250 minus £50 voucher = £200 for Zondas.

P.S I've never been a massive fan of Ribble - generally slow service and not very easy returns. Also as mentioned their Zondas are Campag only - I need Shimano.

However I will mention Ribble have a choice of 165mm cranks on 105 11 speed groupset which I've always wanted. Albeit 165mm out of stock at the moment.

Evans price match Wiggle