Mehnday

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited December 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Cruddites

Back in the orifice today, oh well.

Nice ride yesterday and bought myself a new frame (FS) so will be building that up over Christmas! (watch for the build thread and no spoilers please Nick!)

Went out to a 'Supercross' (aka Motorcross in a stadium sized arena) event last night, great fun for £5, locals were a bit slow but the international 'star' (Who?) riders were good to watch, as were the two kids races (under 6 and 6-15), but the best race of the night was for the local indigenous made bikes, really not suited to that sort (or any other sort really) of racing and looked most uncomfortable in the air, but great racing.
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• Mehning Losers!

Well that was a pretty carppy weekend really, and I still have a sore throat. We had a mini film night last night where we watched Wall-E. That's quite a good film actually.

Today I have both minions in the office, so I will be making them do as much as possible whilst I wallow in self pity. Tonight I'm playing for a concert.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Office meh day to, still happy as my son and I won the fancy dress competition at the local 5k yesterday - with a prize of 36 pints of beer :)
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning tarts,

Today can fark right off.

Laters
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    8 Working days, going to feel like an eternity!

Did order myself an xbox one yesterday, hopefully that makes the few days before holiday's a bit more bearable!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Good moaning,
    What a happy bunch we are today, me too. Another day of being ridiculously short of staff in the office, although hopefully things will slow down this week. Daughter is off sick again as she started throwing up yesterday, maybe she has an allergy to being a teenager. Oh well, supposed to have a day and a half off this week to use up my holiday. Question is will I be able to get out?
    Oh well, tea and ginger nuts await...
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning All,

Yep another day in the office.
    Its bloody hectic here as everybody wants to get everything done before X-mas !!

Christmas Ride on last Friday - finished @ 1am, covered 6 pubs - not bad !!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Amateur :P Finishing this Friday but the boss is on a course Thursday / Friday so technically I finish on Wednesday :mrgreen:
    Schmako wrote:
    8 Working days, going to feel like an eternity!

Hopefully not a lot occurring other than tea consumption and then home to get the Christmas decorations out of the loft.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Today's my last day and I finisg early

laters nerds
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    So presumably this place is going to become even more dead whilst everyone's officially slacking from work, as opposed to being paid, but not really doing anything!? Traffic seems to have fallen off a cliff in the last few months!

Friday finish for me, should be a pretty quiet week.
  • veronese68
    njee20 wrote:
    So presumably this place is going to become even more dead whilst everyone's officially slacking from work, as opposed to being paid, but not really doing anything!?
    Like yesterday?
  • njee20
    Looks like there were about 5 threads with replies yesterday. Considering there are 48 different sub-fora within the MTB section that seems pretty poor. I imagine that a lot of people have got lost, and there's probably a dark corner of the forum where they're all stuck, trying to get back out.
  • veronese68
    I know Stevo couldn't log in for the weekend due to problems with the site. But I doubt that made much difference, even PW77 couldn't generate enough shite to have made this place look busy.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    .....even PW77 couldn't generate enough shite to have made this place look busy.

Is that a challenge :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Veronese68 wrote:
    njee20 wrote:
    So presumably this place is going to become even more dead whilst everyone's officially slacking from work, as opposed to being paid, but not really doing anything!?
    Like yesterday?

Was amazingly quiet, I was even tempted to post what I'd asked for, for the bike off santa just to make it look a little busier.

Second to last day of work finished by spending the last hour on the bike in the gym. Looking forward to tomorrow and getting home for nearly 3 weeks.

Still plenty to sort for Christmas but that's mainly my sisters kids as she's not overly good at telling me what they want. If she doesn't hurry up they'll just get a lot of chocolate and she can deal with the consequences.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Been a day of quiet napping in my chair. Had about three months of disturbed sleep where I have been only getting about four hours per night. Now I'm getting a cold to finish me off. Oh well, a bit more napping then hopefully autopilot will get me home safe.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    I HATE MY LIFE.

Today has not farked right off.

Oh well, 9 more days of this nonsense and life can return to normal.
  • njee20
    I hate your life too. HTH
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    .....even PW77 couldn't generate enough shite to have made this place look busy.

Is that a challenge :lol:

Pick it up then
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I know Stevo couldn't log in for the weekend due to problems with the site. But I doubt that made much difference, even PW77 couldn't generate enough shite to have made this place look busy.
    Yep, a lot people couldn't log in for 4 days, me included:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40033&t=13005400
    Fixed now...

Evening Spazwangles,

4 days off the fourm wasn't too bad as I've been so farkin busy at work and home it's not true. But I'll try to make up for it now. Unfortunately my Treasury manager has been diagnosed with the Big C and won't be coming back any time soon so I've been running around like a headless chicken trying to get temporary cover :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening tw@s

soz i've been awol, the webz was playing hard to get and wouldn't let me log in or i couldn't be arrissed, one of the two.

First day back at work after my five week building course and it sucked a large one, four more days until i escape for a couple of weeks and it cannot come soon enough. Other than that............meh!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    bg13 wrote:
    soz i've been awol, the webz was playing hard to get and wouldn't let me log in or i couldn't be arrissed, one of the two.
    Crappy forum glitch, a lot of people couldn't even get to the login for 4 days of so. Me included.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Crappy forum glitch, a lot of people couldn't even get to the login for 4 days of so. Me included.

They were trying to do a selective cull of the dead wood but unfortunately they let you back :P

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

They were trying to do a selective cull of the dead wood but unfortunately they let you back :P
    What are you doing here then? :wink: