Imperial winter Series @ Hillingdon

kidfelt78
kidfelt78 Posts: 28
edited December 2014 in Amateur race
Anyone know if you need a race licence for these races (cat 4), getting no response from organisers? :shock:
Cheers

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Assuming the events are normal classification, then I would guess you can ride on a day licence, same as anywhere else. However, if you place, you won't score ranking points unless you have a full licence.
  • Thanks Imposter, are these generally avaliable on the day at the event?
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Yes.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    The race will sell out on rider hq before the day
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • I've booked up already on Rider HQ, just want to get the race licence on the day.
    Cheers.
  • Worth emailing Imperial but I'm sure you're fine on a day licence.
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    If you aren't a member of BC then a day license will cost you £10, if you are a bronze member it's £5. Silver/gold member then it's free.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/a ... ---Track-0
  • Thanks all. Spoken with Imperial racing and they confiremed I can obtain a day licence on the day itself.
    I'm signed up and ready now, ish! 8)
  • if you do more than two races this year it will be cheaper to buy a provisional licence before the event. If you think you will score points as previously stated, get a full licence for them to be counted.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Oh yes almost time for the yearly extortionate BC race tax.
  • Did my first race yesterday. Came last, really wasn't expecting the pace to be as high for so long. Was out of my depth but have experienced it now and have a good target going forward.