Problem Logging On

dork_knight
dork_knight Posts: 405
I've had a problem trying to log on today and yesterday, currently on an iPad where I'm nearly always logged on.

When I click Login or Join BikeRadar it takes me to the main site, when I then click on the picture of the head with helmet a white bar appears which only covers the blue menu bar.

This happens on:
Network 1 ISP 1,
Win 7 with SP1 running TOR, Firefox and Chrome

Network 2 ISP 2,
WinXP with SP3 running Chrome

Network 3 ISP 3,
OSX v10.8.2 running Chrome and Safari

The PC on network 1 has Adblock software, this has been disabled.
It seems I can log on with Internet Explorer on Network 1 & 2, the least desired browser and both are on works machines.

Cheers
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The same happens for Stevo666.

He tried it on IE, Chrome (work and home pcs) plus the mobile - same thing each time.  Only happened this afternoon :?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Same for me - PC at work, Chrome on windows XP :shock:
  • seajays
    seajays Posts: 331
    Same problem for me on my pc as well. I'm having to write this on my mobile phone which was already logged in. On my pc neither Internet explorer or firefox can login they just show an empty white bar when you press the little man icon to login.

Scared to logout of my phone now, as I doubt I'll get back in!
    Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
    Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
    My Strava
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    can you guys some how get a screen shot?

you should be able mail me via the Email button if you cant post it up.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Hope this shows up;

BikeRadar_Login_Problem.jpg

Direct Link: http://tinyurl.com/q5ma4kf

Dropbox is blocked by this ISP so let me know if it doesn't appear above as I can't see if it will work :roll:
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    I am having this exact same problem. I'm logged in on my iPad so I can post, but my PC (chrome & IE) and my iPhone cannot log on at all.

This is rather frustrating!!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • nicklouse
    just had a look on my iPhone, a big Future screen pops up.

cant see dropbox either.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • nicklouse

iPhone problem
  • nicklouse
    I hear that the devs are looking at it as I type.

So let's see.
  • nicklouse
    Ok they have spotted what went wrong and have sorted it but we, the users, will not see the fix untill Monday.
  • Thanks for the updates Nick.
  • Hi,

I am Sam, one of the Dev's at BikeRadar

We are having (more) issues with the login to the site - as some of you are aware of the security issue that affected us and many other sites a few weeks ago - we took the decision to totally remove this product from our site.

Unfortunately in the process of removal of this code it caused this new issue that login is not functioning for some of you, the issue has been resolved for some users but not for all of you.

We have developers working to fix this right now, and hopefully should be rolled out to all of you by Monday.
  • nicklouse
    looks like it is fixed, just had our first spammer.
  • Yep, working this end in Chrome.

Thanks All.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Still cannot log in to Forum using iOS. Using iPad with iOS 7.1.2 (11D257). Get the Board Index page with the green Login button, but touching the button takes me back to site Home page.

OK on Windows 7 using IE 11, via which this is typed.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    You might have to clear your cache on your iPad browser. If that doesn't work let us know
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • orraloon
    Just tried that, cleared both Safari and Chrome. Rebooted the iPad and all that. Same result using both browsers, get the Board Index page but the green Login button there links me back to site home page.
  • I am getting the same issue too here on the iPad.

There is a failing script that causes this, just press the 'helmet' on the right hand side of the screen between the Magnifying Glass and the Twitter Bird.

That will popup the login box.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Seems to be working here now on IE, Chrome and mobile.

@Samgeorgeuk, thanks for sorting this out. 4 days off the forum feel like a long time :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • nicklouse
    just checked on my iPhone and I can get the login to appear.

BUT if you don't know about pressing the Horizontal lines and then press the head you aint going far.
  • thefd
    The login appears on my iphone - and I can fill in my login details but pressing either LOGIN or GO does nothing.
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • nicklouse
    works on mine.8.1.2
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Working better now, although it's all a bit non-obvious.
    "Keep me logged in" doesn't seem to have any effect though, it's a slight annoyance to go through the login faff every time when previously my bookmarks took me straight to the forum page I wanted.
  • thefd
    nicklouse wrote:
    works on mine.8.1.2
    I'm in on my phone now.

Thanks
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • orraloon
    I am getting the same issue too here on the iPad.

There is a failing script that causes this, just press the 'helmet' on the right hand side of the screen between the Magnifying Glass and the Twitter Bird.

That will popup the login box.

Thanks, now logged in on iPad. Didn't know about the "helmet" option.

O
  • Yes, agree the helmet is a little stupid.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Yes, agree the helmet is a little stupid.
    Careful, some people get very obsessive about helmets round these parts. :wink:
    Nice to hear someone is looking at the problems.
  • DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the forum landing page I did clear cookies from forum, which worked... despite me clearing browser history and cache twice before hand.
  • 600stu
    600stu Posts: 15
    OK so finally logged on. You probably don't care about my experience as I only have about 7 posts but here it is anyway.

Have you ever heard of user experience? You lose all credibility when you keep bleating on about the servers being transferred, data being transferred etc etc. I bet you'd find get Devs to fix the problems the same day if it was advertising that stopped working but what the hell were only users right?

BTW who ever told the world that a helmet is the universal sign to log in?

I'm on android and your mobile site doesn't load the menu up 9 times out of 10.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 81
    600stu wrote:
    I'm on android and your mobile site doesn't load the menu up 9 times out of 10.

Hi 600stu, would you mind letting me know which type of android device you're using? I'll see if I can take a look.