warrior4life Posts: 925
edited December 2014 in Your road bikes
2014 build in a 56.
I just love the Caad 10
2nltuhg.jpg

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Love it , looks proper, Personally I d de-sticker the rims.

Looking for a new frameset and really cant decide which way to go, but when I see bikes like yours and the black Kinesis Aethins on here , I really do think I might go high end Alloy.
  • Oooh lovely
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    They never disappoint. The 10 really is the doitall (very well) bike.
    Mine is in winter trim at the mo with nasty SKS mudguards and horrid but steady eddy alloy rims and all the expensive bits removed... but it is still the perfect uncomplaining workhorse.
    Roll on March when it will get new Praxis chainrings and a new Dura Ace brakeset.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Peachy!
    I agree about removing the decals though

Matt
  • The decals are lacquered over, really nice wheels though. 24mm wide and with 25mm tyres they soak up everything.
    Been out today and cross wind wasn't too much of an issue.

The Caad 10 rides fantastic. I had a 58 which was a bit big at 6ft (I wanted a taller head tube so went a size up with shorter stem)
    The 56 Sram force build I'm riding at the moment is great. I put it on the scales at work and weighs less than the supersix evo Ultegra (2014 and 2015) and it also weighs less than the supersix evo rival.
    The handling on the Caad 10 is fantastic.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    The decals are lacquered over, really nice wheels though. 24mm wide and with 25mm tyres they soak up everything.
    Been out today and cross wind wasn't too much of an issue.

The Caad 10 rides fantastic. I had a 58 which was a bit big at 6ft (I wanted a taller head tube so went a size up with shorter stem)
    The 56 Sram force build I'm riding at the moment is great. I put it on the scales at work and weighs less than the supersix evo Ultegra (2014 and 2015) and it also weighs less than the supersix evo rival.
    The handling on the Caad 10 is fantastic.

Really surprised it weighs less than a Super Six evo Ultegra! is that with the same wheelset. My build would be Ultegra 6800 with Ksyriums and I thought putting that on a Super Six evo would result in a lighter bike than the Caad 10 build. Not doubting what you say, but it seriously makes me lean towards the Caad 10 as the next frameset if its the case.
  • Yep, nice looking bike that - what weight again please?
  • The 2015 Ultegra evo out the box is 7.62kg in a 54.
    The 2015 Caad 10 Force was 7.35 out of the box in a 56.

The Caad has Vision 1600g wheels, the Evo has Aksiums.

The Caad 10 105 2014 weighs 8.43 in a 56.

The force build Caad 10 is a great deal. Nice wheels. SI Chainset and force groupset.
    I've got a nice Carbon saddle and post, upgraded bars and stem and carbon wheels to put on it. I'd expect it to be sub 6.8kg.