Four-year-olds and forty-year-olds so excited...

Comments

• Yeah saw that too. It's too real to be a spoof :)
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Mother-of-two Eleanor Shaw said: “I’ve got bikes for my son and my husband because I thought they could go out together.

“But my husband won’t because the younger one refuses to use Strava, and my son won’t because his dad refuses to do bunny hops onto the kerb.”
    That .... is .... so .... sad .... I just hope it's not true.

I've heard of husbands not riding with their wife because the wife is too slow (or the husband too fast) - and that's a load of bolx - it's not even a good excuse.
    I love riding with my nieces and nephew - yer, granted it's not a 2+ hour heart pounder that I'd get from a solo or fast club ride, but it's so much fun - especially when you get them together and do silly little races (like who can be the last to reach point X without stopping or putting a foot down).

Anyway - getting a new bike anywhen is great - Christmas is a bit special though - although I'd not have told the 4yo what he's going to get!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Slowbike wrote:
    Mother-of-two Eleanor Shaw said: “I’ve got bikes for my son and my husband because I thought they could go out together.

“But my husband won’t because the younger one refuses to use Strava, and my son won’t because his dad refuses to do bunny hops onto the kerb.”

I've heard of husbands not riding with their wife because the wife is too slow (or the husband too fast) - and that's a load of bolx - it's not even a good excuse.
    I love riding with my nieces and nephew - yer, granted it's not a 2+ hour heart pounder that I'd get from a solo or fast club ride, but it's so much fun - especially when you get them together and do silly little races (like who can be the last to reach point X without stopping or putting a foot down).

Anyway - getting a new bike anywhen is great - Christmas is a bit special though - although I'd not have told the 4yo what he's going to get!
    Whoosh

Daily mash...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I love how so many people take the Daily Mash seriously on Facebook. The comments are often funnier than the articles themselves :D
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    This will be me and my eldest in a couple of years time!

We already go out for rides together though, him on a balance bike and me on a BMX, bunnyhopping up kerbs all the way. :-)
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    that's pretty funny.

I love riding with Mini Mpatts. She is currently obsessed with cyclocross, so will ride on every bit of grass available. Makes me chuckle.
    Insert bike here:
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    The real issue is that Strava doesn't have age-related categories. TGOTB Junior has no chance of chasing segments set by adults (she's only 8) , and it's a real struggle to motivate her to have a go. No wonder so many kids just want to mess around and waste their potential, there's just not the framework to focus them on performance-related cycling.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    dhope wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:

Whoosh

Daily mash...

yup - whooosh! ... :o
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    TGOTB wrote:
    The real issue is that Strava doesn't have age-related categories. TGOTB Junior has no chance of chasing segments set by adults (she's only 8) , and it's a real struggle to motivate her to have a go. No wonder so many kids just want to mess around and waste their potential, there's just not the framework to focus them on performance-related cycling.

You don't need Strava..... (did i really just write that?)

http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/sessi ... ning/kids/
  • TGOTB wrote:
    The real issue is that Strava doesn't have age-related categories.

At the risk of appearing to take thread seriously (I'm not) Strava absolutely does have age-related (and weight-related) categories - you just need to pay for it. And I don't think they extend to under 18 (understandably Strava doesn't want to appear to be encouraging kids to ride too fast)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH