UCI Track world cup 5-7th December *Spoilers*

Paul 8v
Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
edited December 2014 in Pro race
The World cup starts today in London, schedule is below:

http://www.trackworldcup.co.uk/Schedule

I'm trying to see if it's on the BBC or the UCI channel but I can't find anything as yet.

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Someone said it may be on BBC red button
  • Paul 8v
    I've had a look but I can't see it. I'll try again in a bit. Might say on the Beeb's website
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    BBC schedule on this page http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/
  • Paul 8v
    Ah, 11 till 2:30am

Friday 5 December
    Track Cycling World Cup, 19:00-22:05, BBC Radio 5 live sports extra
    Track Cycling World Cup (Replay), 23:00-02:30, BBC Red Button
    Saturday 6 December
    Track Cycling World Cup (Replay), 08:00-11:30, BBC Red Button
    Track Cycling World Cup, 19:00-21:45, BBC Radio 5 live sports extra
    Track Cycling World Cup, 18:55-22:10, BBC Red Button
    Sunday 7 December
    Track Cycling World Cup, 15:55-18:45, BBC Red Button
    Track Cycling World Cup, 17:00-18:40, BBC Radio 5 live sports extra
  • Paul 8v
    It looks like it may be on the website at a more reasonable time:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cycling/29837948
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Also live if you're in London and managed to get a ticket! Off there in a couple of hours... can't wait!
  • joelsim
    Lucky sod
  • JackPozzi
    On the BBC website now. How on earth did that car get in the track centre, I've been there a fair bit and there's no way it would fit in the lift?? And more to the point, why do they need a car in the track centre?
  • Paul 8v
    Results so far:
    Women's team Sprint: China
    Men's team sprint: Germany and Forsterman's mighty thighs
    The Men's points Race by a Spanish Rider who's name I can't seem to find at the moment
    Women's team pursuit by Great Britain

The final of the Men's is just playing out now with New Zealand vs Great Britain
  • JackPozzi
    GB women so far ahead of everybody else in the TP it's scary, and not even our strongest team!

In answer to my earlier car question, apparently it was built from parts in the track centre...
  • Paul 8v
    JackPozzi wrote:
    In answer to my earlier car question, apparently it was built from parts in the track centre...
    That must have been quite an effort!

GB win the men's pursuit against New Zealand, it would have been more of a challenge had Australia not punctured and they were in the final but Australia had already lost the 4th man by the time the puncture occurred.
  • JackPozzi wrote:
    GB women so far ahead of everybody else in the TP it's scary, and not even our strongest team!

What were the times in the final?
    I ask cos in both the QF rounds it was 1-1 and nothing but a couple of tenths between GB and Oz.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Paul 8v
    4:00:957 They were down to three at the end

Sorry that was the mens
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi wrote:

I ask cos in both the QF rounds it was 1-1 and nothing but a couple of tenths between GB and Oz.

4.22.194 vs 4.24.335 with Archibald, Trott, Barker and Horne not riding particularly well as a team, Trott much stronger than the others and causing some splits by the looks of it...
  • JackPozzi wrote:
    JackPozzi wrote:

4.22.194 vs 4.24.335 with Archibald, Trott, Barker and Horne not riding particularly well as a team, Trott much stronger than the others and causing some splits by the looks of it...

Thanks.
    I saw the same thing happen to GB in Glasgow.
    Trott blew Dani King and it was a struggle.
    I'm afraid the most likely scenario is pressure.
    2 seconds between the two teams for the three rounds is not a massive margin.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • JackPozzi
    Agreed not a huge margin but then we've got the 4 that won the final plus Rowsell and King to comeback after her injury, massively strong squad compared to anyone else IMO
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    The same happened at the world champs in Cali too - Trott injected too much pace when she came to the front and caused a split. It seems to have been a recurring problem since the change to 4000 metres and 4 women in the team.

Far be it for me to criticise her with such a great track palmares but its pretty basic team pursuit stuff - the stronger riders should be doing longer turns not harder ones and when accelerating do it gradually not put a burst in when coming to the front - that was what finished Horne off. Just as well Archibald was strong enough to pull things back together again.
  • Was there tonight. Didn't hear what the commentator said, so can someone tell me what happened in with the womens team sprint. Germany won according to the board, plus Vogel and Welte was celebrating but when it came to the podium they got silver.
  • I was there too. The German pair were said to have won in the immediate aftermath, but when they came out for the medals ceremony they announced that it had been double-checked and the Chinese had actually won (but by a very fine margin).
  • joelsim
    It showed just how strong Trott is. Impressive stuff, but she needs to learn from it
  • joelsim
    Sepulveda was booing his eyes out, was he upset or pleased?
  • JackPozzi
    Any coverage of today's qualifying session online?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    She is lovely isnt she....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver