edited December 2014 in MTB general

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I know what you mean.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    With some push on grips you'd think you already had Kashima bars!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    supersonic wrote:
    Kashima bars!

I already got them! Raceface Atlas in Kash Money Gold :-)
  • kester
    kester Posts: 79
    its good for fox, unsure about anybody else. seems strange that RaceFace only bought Easton in April and have been bought out so quickly, also $30mil seems cheap to buy them out as R.F/Easton had combined sales of $23mil and around $4mil profit pre-tax according to the PB link you posted.

why is it good for fox? Well when R.F bought Easton in April "Under Tutton, Easton Cycling will invest in an R&D Service Center, based in California" (http://www.pinkbike.com/news/race-face- ... -2014.html) which is were I think fox also build/assembles their forks/shocks (can anyone confirm this??)

Also RaceFace have their own in-house carbon fibre factory in Canada.
    http://www.silverfish-uk.com/NewsDetail ... erumor-com

basically I think fox are about to start looking into making carbon fibre suspension forks / shocks as its about the only major place in cycling terms that hasn't been looked into. The cost of that for fox is probably cheaper to buy a company that has all these resources inplace to do this all for them rather than:
    A - build a new factory in the US, employ staff etc
    B - outsource to Asia and pay shipping costs etc

also if the carbon forks/shock don't pan out they can fall back on the revenue from the components that R.F/Easton do already for profits
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Carbon forks and Shocks have been around for 2 decades. I reckon they could make them if they wanted to.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Carbon forks are nothing new. There are several rigid and suspension forks available in carbon.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Looks like an attempt to look at using the Shimano/SRAM model of selling as many components in a bundle as possible to go on the same bike.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Looks like an attempt to look at using the Shimano/SRAM model of selling as many components in a bundle as possible to go on the same bike.

^I'd say thats on the money. They will be able to leverage brands into using Fox suspension, either Race Face or Easton finishing kit and Race Face cranks.