Recommend me a wireless doorbell...

alphacharlie
alphacharlie Posts: 202
edited December 2014 in The cake stop
Due to my wife constantly missing courier and postal deliveries whilst in the house I think its about time we ditched the 15 year old hard wired doorbell and went for a wireless up to date version with a second sounder that can be located at the rear of the house.

Any one recommend any to buy or avoid?
TIA
AC
Carrera Fury for the muddy stuff
Boardman Road Team for the black stuff
PDQ for the TT stuff

Comments

• This works fine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HYZ635U/r ... 31_TE_dp_1

We have quite a big house and no problem with range. Loads of tones and I managed to find one that is only slightly annoying.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wireless!! Electric/battery is bad enough!
    Call me a purist, but it just does not seem natural having only to push a button.

What if the battery goes flat or there is a power cut? Its just not reliable. My mate has one and it failed on him during a day off last summer. Postman assumed he was not in and took his wiggle order back to the depot.

You cannot beat the feel and responsiveness of a brass knocker. In 30 years it has never let me down.
    Its just clever marketing that makes you feel you need one :lol:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I too, prefer nice knockers.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Staff_Call_Bells_(7964118810).jpg
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    stock-footage-a-woman-s-hand-knocks-on-the-door.jpg

Simple. Effective. No electricians needed to install. No added costs to your electricity bill.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    doorbell-1024x1024.jpg
  • We have a VIDEX on our gate. It has a SIM card and dials your mobile (if no answer will dial another).
    Very handy if you have a long drive, or if you're away on holiday you can pretend you're in.....
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    applehead-chihuahua.jpg
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I still prefer mechanical.

Etc.
    Insert bike here:
  • Of course, you should make sure that the doorbell has a safety helmet in case of an accident.

709428373_306.jpg
  • whoof
    whoof Posts: 756
    I've got one that barks like a dog. I don't know what make it is, but it barks like a dog!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Just get a butler.

Not only do they answer the door, but also filter out the riff-raff.
  • Carbonator wrote:
    Wireless!! Electric/battery is bad enough!
    Call me a purist, but it just does not seem natural having only to push a button.

What if the battery goes flat or there is a power cut? Its just not reliable. My mate has one and it failed on him during a day off last summer. Postman assumed he was not in and took his wiggle order back to the depot.

You cannot beat the feel and responsiveness of a brass knocker. In 30 years it has never let me down.
    Its just clever marketing that makes you feel you need one :lol:
    If there is a power cut and my lights, heating, TV, computer, fridge, freezer, telephone, oven, shower and radio are not working, the LEAST of my problems is that I cannot hear the front door bell.

Anyway, if there is a power cut no one can get through my front gates, so its not a problem.

Clearly, your postman needs training. Mine just opens a car door and leaves the Wiggle boxes on a front seat. He is a big cyclist and knows that any delay may be catastrophic.