These are the droids you're looking for...

thegreatdivide
thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
edited December 2014 in The cake stop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

I don't know about you but I got excited.

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Oh my.

Not been this excited watching a movie trailer since... Errrrm. Dunno. I got so giddy! I love what Abrams has done with Star Trek. Fingers crossed :D
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    So R2D2 has become a soccer ball?
    And what is it with the red cross light sabre? Some might be offended.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • The music, the Millennium Falcon and the TIE Fighters...anyone who doesn't get a rush from that is dead inside. JJ Abrams will do this justice, mark my words. He's not a tired, rich old director, he's a bona fide Star Wars fan boy with a massive budget. The Force is strong in this one.

Also - there's a 'fake' trailer that seems to have footage from the new film (amongst other stuff) that's sending the geeks in a tizz including an old Luke (Google Mark Hamill's beard) and the same young black guy who they cast from the open auditions. No idea how they got it but I'm sure it wont be around for long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plwVRYEQG_I

Abrams has previous for doing this sort of 'leaked' thing.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I can't wait. This is going to be awesome.
    I remember watching Star Wars with my dad as a kid, couldn't believe what I was watching although I reckon I grew up in the greatest era of sci-fi.
    Living MY dream.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I remember when I went to see Star Wars, walking into the auditorium and the seating being so steeply raked you felt giddy!
    Cinemas had one screen then and they were huge.

The new movie looks great. Seems to have a lot of the magic of the original.
    Not sure about that light sabre though.
  • They are releasing a trailer for a film that is still a YEAR away? Jeez.....
  • We'll, that has made my 2015 already.

Thanks for alerting me!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    A better trailer

http://youtu.be/6BKHhP8sUR8
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    I am going to be making R2D2 noises every time I hoover (oops, sorry sir James) with my Dyson Ball for the next year now!

I wonder if my wife will notice/mind if I respray it 8)
  • Those trailers were better than the entire 3 most recent films by Lucas. Good job he sold out.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    the phantom menance trailer looked awesome when it came out, classic john williams music, gungans walking out of the misty swamp, the sand dunes, the naboo palace, queen amidala,lightsabres, obi wan kenobi, more lightsabres, some evil sith lord dude, something that looks like speeder bike landspeeder racing, r2d2,explosions, Samuel L Jackson, Yoda, more light sabres.

what a great film that was going to be :roll: even the other prequel trailers similar format, chuck in some of the familar, chuck in some cool looking action shots, show some new bits, throw it around all out of context and theres your trailer for a great looking film.

you dont get from the trailers whether the script was any good, whether the story holds up for more than 30seconds, whether even the principal characters can even act, and you dont get any of that walking & talking, sitting & talking, more walking & talking stuff that blighted the prequels because it was all shot on green screen and ILM then went bonkers chucking in everything including the kitchen sink as a busy CGI back drop totally ruining the actual visual setup of most of the scenes.

personally I cant say Im enthralled by that trailer, theres not enough to tell what the film is going to be like, there are too many things that look like theres way too much CGI animation driving the story already, rather than the story driving the effects,at least the storm troopers look like people again, but Im not a big fan of revealing key moments in the film, think back to the Phantom menance, Darth Mauls dual lightsabre reveal was totally muffed because we'd all seen it in the trailer.

and I dont trust JJ "lens flare" Abrams after he broke Star Trek, and that was another trailer that looked fantastic,to begin with, it still does, the movie was a terrible mess
  • JJ Abrams did a sterling job on Star Trek. Apart from the very first one that came out back in 79' (V'Ger!) the rest were guff.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I really hope it's good.

My mum took me to back to back screenings of the Emipre Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, she must really love me :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Star Wars was the first film I ever saw. 1977. There was an intermission.
  • Anonymous
    edited December 2014
    Intermissions were odd. Great in a play or comedy gig when you are older and drink alcohol, but a movie :?

1977 was the best year ever.
    $_86.JPG
  • pblakeney
    Carbonator wrote:
    Intermissions were odd. Great in a play or comedy gig, but a movie.

1977 was the best year ever.
    $_86.JPG
    My father was a sales rep for Ideal Toy Company.
    We had dozens of these lying around the house.
    Plus many other items! :)

PS:- It was released in 1973.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Anonymous
    Yeah, thinking about it I had one at infant school so way before Star Wars.

1981 was: 2387658501_2102ed0f81.jpg

So what was '77'?

Probably a bike I suppose.
  • pblakeney
    Carbonator wrote:
    So what was '77'?

Probably a bike I suppose.

Eh, Star Wars figures?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Anonymous
    Nah, dolls were for girls unless they came with a cool bike, tank/jeep/guns etc., or had bionic bits :P
    Possibly a light sabre though.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Saw the original Star Wars. Not bothered with any of the others.
  • pblakeney
    Carbonator wrote:
    Nah, dolls were for girls unless they came with a cool bike, tank/jeep/guns etc., or had bionic bits :P
    Possibly a light sabre though.
    Millennium Falcon then?
    Personally, I was going to the pub to play.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Anonymous
    I do not think I had any Star Wars toys. Had an Airfix/Revell X Wing, but nothing pre built.
    I was in the Star Wars club and had the album. Maybe I was too old for the toys.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Saw the original Star Wars. Not bothered with any of the others.

Me too. Went to watch it in London then straight off to Wembley to watch a schoolboy international (England v Scotland I think)
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Oh no! George Lucas has got hold of the trailer and done a Special Edition. :(

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/star ... n&s=mobile
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    Those trailers were better than the entire 3 most recent films by Lucas. Good job he sold out.

This. I loved the original 3 but the prequels just didn't live up to them.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Looks good... they should leave it at that though.

Don't start leaking and giving it all away.

They could have kept the fancy lightsaber thing a secret for example.
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    I always thought the guys who did these trailers for TOR could of done a decent animated movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm4JEZudf0c
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAkcolVxDy0
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    How about Force Unleashed - George Lucas Special Edition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.