Dunno what to buy for my needs

Parollex
Parollex Posts: 2
edited December 2014 in MTB buying advice
So me and a friend are starting to go cycling,

We want something to talk to each other while cycling; without using our phones.

Is there any headsets or anything?

I'm not sure about the range or anything,

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Most of us use our voices.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just talk, or shout, also carry a whistle so if the tail end charlie stops he has a decent range to call back the first rider.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    When on motorbike I do agree an INtercom is a good thing, but on bike ??

Went on tour with my wife: France, Spain, Portugal and probably an intercomwas the last thing I needed duirng our trip - somebody's voice/noise in your ears when you go through stunning green fields / mountains....no, no for me.

May be my just me though ?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Being cynical, can I predict the OP's next post will be a survey for a now communications device for cyclists?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Parollex wrote:
    So me and a friend are starting to go cycling,

We want something to talk to each other while cycling; without using our phones.

Is there any headsets or anything?

I'm not sure about the range or anything,

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

If you need anything more than your voice then you're not cycling with a friend, you're cycling on your own.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    A series of whoops, whoa!, watch it!, holy sh*t! and oh fuuuuuuuuck! is usually how me and my mates communicate when riding our bikes. Save the deep and meaningful stuff for the post ride pint or train / car home :)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    err, wtf?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    I would recommend the following, however it is not waterproof . . . - http://www.ehow.com/how_10002796_make-t ... -work.html