Aches 'n' Pains Sunday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
edited November 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning Wasters,

I'm enjoying a good lie in while my body recovers from the gravity related beating it got yesterday. Today will involve cleaning bikes and bike kit then taking my skis to be serviced before Januarys snow based gravity fest 8) Coffee, bacon and football will also feature today :)
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Now the Sunday thread since no bugger could be arrised to reply to the Saturday thread.

Apathy rules :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Too busy recovering from yesterday's road ride. Didn't realise how strong the wind was and pedalled hard for the first half of the ride. Then turned into the wind and was pretty much dragging myself back, especially up the long hills.

Need beer and Sunday lunch today to help the recovey :)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    A very nice ride, 58 miles and a decent piece of cake and double espresso.

Beer and a family film and cooked tea for the visiting family. Just chilling and maybe watch chasing mavericks when the girls have gone to bed

Life is good
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    day that has involved cycling, chainsaw, pub - all is good
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    edited November 2014
    Apt thread title. Snap Slowmart. Computer says 58.3 miles, probably slower than you (4 hrs 45 mins 29 secs). A very hilly 58 and a chilly headwind for the last 22 miles. Bike looked boootiful, clavered (local vernacular) in mud (see link). Maybe Stevo could clean it for me - he's had plenty of practice. That's the last time I leave the house without a fistful of Haribo Star Mix, bananas are good but...
    Bangers, mash and beans for dinner helped.
    Dunno what i'll feel like in the morning.
    Must go and sniff some Nitrogen Dioxide.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    This is what I was riding most recently, although I have been replaced by actors with more talent :)

http://vimeo.com/108035098
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbtLK_Mwg6w&feature=player_embedded

Mr h/Arran, you may be interested...
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Felt too crap after only 30 miles to comment yesterday.

Ditto today.
  • Stevo_666
    Bike looked boootiful, clavered (local vernacular) in mud (see link). Maybe Stevo could clean it for me - he's had plenty of practice.
    You call that a muddy bike? - you don't need me, looks like it's just been cleaned :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bike looked boootiful, clavered (local vernacular) in mud (see link). Maybe Stevo could clean it for me - he's had plenty of practice.
    You call that a muddy bike? - you don't need me, looks like it's just been cleaned :wink:

The camera really didn't pick up the mess. I can assure you, the gears and chain were squeaking for the last 15 miles.

That ^ track looks far too smooth. How many descents do you get in in one day at 2 mins per run? You must spend more time in the van than going downhill.
  • Stevo_666
    That's the new jump track which is a smooth one as it's all about speed and 'air time' - that only part of one run and they cut that short, presumably the track hadn't been finished. There's usually 3 different runs involved in getting to the bottom - 2k to 4.5k in top to bottom depending on the route and a vertical of about 250m (that orange route to the left is 4.6k long to give you an idea of scale):
    http://www.bikeparkwales.com/trails

trail_map_aug_2014.jpg

Takes up to 10 mins to get down depending on how much stopping and chatting is involved. We got 11 runs in on Friday, can do 14 in summer when it's open longer. Van takes about 12-13mins to get up again.

Check the other link for something a bit rougher...you'd be surprised just how knackering going downhill is, honest. But it's ace fun :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    PS: [Crocodile Dundee accent on]That's not a dirty bike....this is a dirty bike[/Crocodile dundee accent off]

WP_20141130_001.jpg

WP_20141130_002.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    I'm feeling more than a little short changed. I ache, but I haven't ridden a bike in over a week.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm feeling more than a little short changed. I ache, but I haven't ridden a bike in over a week.

That's 'cos you got Chlamydia.