Hardline

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjSA0NmAmGM

The whole track is just insane, they need to race world cups on this thing!
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    Oh my word... most of that is beyond belief! looking forward to watching the whole video which i think they are releasing today
  • Yeah that track is insane.
    So many awkward landing and technically difficult sections.
    And that road gap...
    Gravity-Fed Media - A page to showcase my MTB and Snowboard Edits

http://www.facebook.com/GFM2005
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Thats what world cup tracks should be like. You won't get anyone turning up on enduro bikes for that beast.
    There are some tough tracks in the UK and if our young DH racers can train on tracks like this then British riders will continue to dominate the top of the podium in world cups.
    Just need somewhere to train for Rampage next.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Mental, this is only down the road (ish) from me, hard to believe they've gotten 4 mins of descent out of that! Good going, and of course the trail is absolutely nuts.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • rockmonkeysc
    Is the trail still there or have they flattened it?
  • Ferrals
    I would be shocked if they left that bloody big gap up there, especially with redbull written on the side of it, it would be a wet dream for no win no fee injury lawyers!
  • ilovedirt
    They've taken the gap down, that much I know.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • lawman wrote:
    They need to race world cups on this thing!

That's exactly what I thought - would make for some great racing.
  • Ferrals
    The only shame is that the video is just 6 minutes long! would have been nice to see a bit more action and some more footage from the wooded section
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Where is this?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • rockmonkeysc
    Qui3tman wrote:
    lawman wrote:

To comply with UCI rules they would have to make everything rollable or put in chicken lines which would just defeat the whole point of the track.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    The bits through the trees are mental!!

Very Large Cojones.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Qui3tman wrote:
    lawman wrote:

To comply with UCI rules they would have to make everything rollable or put in chicken lines which would just defeat the whole point of the track.

Even more reason to break from the UCI...
  • rockmonkeysc
    They need to persuade the big money sponsors and factories that they will get the same coverage if they move away from UCI.
    Enduro gets reasonable coverage in the press but still lacking a big name sponsor like Redbull.
  • ilovedirt
    Where is this?
    Near Corris.
    They need to persuade the big money sponsors and factories that they will get the same coverage if they move away from UCI.
    Enduro gets reasonable coverage in the press but still lacking a big name sponsor like Redbull.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Fuck the UCI.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • rockmonkeysc
    I think it's probably the insurers who insist on making tracks safe.
    The other limiting factor is that juniors and women have to race on the same track. Even at Fort William some of the women and juniors aren't clearing jumps.
  • ilovedirt
    I think it's probably the insurers who insist on making tracks safe.
    The other limiting factor is that juniors and women have to race on the same track. Even at Fort William some of the women and juniors aren't clearing jumps.
    Easy to see why if you've not been there! :lol:
    Goes to show how MTB is still an emerging sport when half the field can't even ride the track...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • rockmonkeysc
    The women and teenagers just don't have the power to clear those jumps. The Fort William DH world cup track uses a bigger ending than the normal track. Even Rachel Atherton was coming up short, it was only really the top 20 elite men clearing everything.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    He could have put some effort in though, look how slow he's going! :wink: :shock:
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    lawman wrote:
    Qui3tman wrote:
    lawman wrote:

It would.be fine as.long as the chicken lines are 3/4 secs slower each. That way the younger riders can still race on the slow line.

Even more reason to break from the UCI...
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • I watched dan ride it and thought it looked easy.

I looked up some photos, especially the gap jump and no way I would ever ride that. Credit, to gee, danny, dan, etc for clearing in such style as they did multiple runs before the race run and made it look super easy, but then I've see videos of dan riding stuff I've ridden, but at warp speed.

Glad everyone got down safe too. Must have taken some skill to design that especially that gap.
  • Dan came up short on the big gap after the wooded section, can hear his back wheel smash into the landing.