Five ten vxi elements

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited November 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi,
Has anyone got these and if so what's your thoughts

Comments

• I just got the non vxi free rider elements. I had spitfires before these so I knew I was happy with the non vxi sole and didn't want to change. The elements uppers are a bit more waterproof than my old spitfires, they withstand a few puddles much better, but there's a limit to how much they can take and eventually they let water in and once they're really wet inside, they stay wet. They seem pretty sturdy and should last me a while, I like them, but if you're expecting them to be absolutely waterproof then you'll be disappointed.
  • My first shoes for flats in a long time as I usually ride clipped. Very grippy.
    8D722E1D-7C26-4FD3-B1DF-0FE61A87E355.jpg
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    I just got the non vxi free rider elements. I had spitfires before these so I knew I was happy with the non vxi sole and didn't want to change. The elements uppers are a bit more waterproof than my old spitfires, they withstand a few puddles much better, but there's a limit to how much they can take and eventually they let water in and once they're really wet inside, they stay wet. They seem pretty sturdy and should last me a while, I like them, but if you're expecting them to be absolutely waterproof then you'll be disappointed.

Same shoes. Same conclusions. They do seem to be a bit better insulated as well. Keep you feet a bit warmer
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    My first shoes for flats in a long time as I usually ride clipped. Very grippy.
    8D722E1D-7C26-4FD3-B1DF-0FE61A87E355.jpg

See you've got a lot of water in there - how are they at drying out, given the poor reputation with the old 5.10s?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607