Connorscotland
Connorscotland Posts: 34
edited November 2014 in MTB buying advice
PROPER THREAD MADE

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Links help.

But chances are the spec of the Rockrider will be a lot better than the LaPierre.

And it depends on the bike.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    There's no such thing as a lockable rear shock.
    With the Giant you won't even need a shock with pedal platform. Meastro rear suspension is extremely efficient. Giant also make very good frames.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    To clarify, lockout isn't the same as lockable.

The Banshee is a very different type of bike to the RR, so what sort of riding will you be using it for?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sorry lads I meant lockout.

Trail centre stuff If I'm honest, I understand in the future if I want to venture into proper downhill I will need to build up a good bike but that may never happen.

I'm doing red trails/black on the likes of Nevis Range, Laggan Wolftrax etc had a hardtail and its passed its use now and I want to move onto a full sus.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Take the Banshee off the list, it's a bit 'burly' for trail centre use unless you spend a lot on it.

As above, get some links, makes more sense for you to do it so we all look at the same bike and it saves everyone looking.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Banshee isn't burly, just heavy. It's quite a weak frame.