I need 2 volunteers

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
edited November 2014 in The bottom bracket
OK, I'm off to Wales on Friday for my last bit of gravity fuelled fun of the year and after being stung by your comments about me taking a van up the hill, I've decided on human powered ascending instead. I just need two willing volunteers who think they're good climbers:

p3pb11667921.jpg

As a reward you get a free road ride round The Valleys afterwards :wink:
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Sure two is enough? your bike is heavy and you..................... well................. :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Sure two is enough? your bike is heavy and you..................... well................. :)
    Not a bad idea, I suppose it'd be like a pack of lycra-clad huskies pulling a sled :) Should be no shortage of offers as they get to hang out with the cool gang and we get free uplifts. Win-win situation.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Not a bad idea, I suppose it'd be like a pack of lycra-clad huskies pulling a sled :) Should be no shortage of offers as they get to hang out with the cool gang and we get free uplifts. Win-win situation.

:)

You staying over Thursday night?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Yup. Can you manage a beer on the way back from Swansea? It's only a 10 mile detour off the M4.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Yup. Can you manage a beer on the way back from Swansea? It's only a 10 mile detour off the M4.

Calendar launch night in porthcawl- could be painful! Will text if I drive rather than train
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

There is a fundamental flaw in that suggestion - 'a beer'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

You're forgetting- Stevo is a supreme athlete and won't want to impact his performance on Friday
  • Stevo_666
    I call it carb loading. Or maybe ballast.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

You're forgetting- Stevo is a supreme athlete and won't want to impact his performance on Friday

Having a beer gives him an excuse when he falls off :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I'd love to, but if the police catch you "falling" on the sheep again, I don't want to be an accessory to the crime.
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    I'd love to, but if the police catch you "falling" on the sheep again, I don't want to be an accessory to the crime.
    I was absolutely sure at the time that they were Welsh ladies wearing real wool coats.
  • Looks like Stevo is just trying to engineer the opportunity to stare at a couple of male backsides for a bit.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    I was absolutely sure at the time that they were Welsh ladies wearing real wool coats.

Yeah, so you tested the whole flock just to make sure, right? Good job your jury all came from Wales and didn't see anything wrong with it.
  • tlw1
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Yeah, so you tested the whole flock just to make sure, right? Good job your jury all came from Wales and didn't see anything wrong with it.

Though by the end Stevo needed help with the 'uplift'
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

As we have precidential law in the UK, this could open up sheep to a whole load of abuse right across the country...hang on, there's something deeply coincidental and prophetic in there...I'm going away to think about that for a while...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

I guess that's a bit like Ken Dodd getting off tax evasion charges all those years ago - the Inland Revenue made the classic mistake of having him tried by a jury of his peers - in Liverpool :D

Which gave rise to the worlds only tax joke:
    - Have you heard that Ken Dodd's got two new Diddy Men?

- Diddy Pay and Diddy F***

I'll get me coat....