My new Enigma Echo

christickel
christickel Posts: 5
edited December 2014 in Your road bikes
After some considerable planning and saving, this is my new Enigma Echo Ti bike, managed to take it out twice so far. Could not be happier with it. But November is definitely not the time of year to buy a shiny new bike!

Enigma Echo
Enigma C-Six Forks
Ultegra 6800 groupset
Richey WCS Stem/ Bars/ Seatpost
Fulcrum Racing 3s
Charge knife saddle
Conti 4 seasons

Custom paint finish with non standard Enigma logo, Jaco at Enigma has done an awesome job. Infact all the guys down at Enigma were fantastic with helping me.

Not weighed it yet, but if advertised weights are to be believed then somewhere between 7.3 -7.4kg.

The first 2 photos the guys at Enigma sent to tease me whilst it was in the post.

001.jpg
002.jpg
Full_Size_Render.jpg

Comments

• dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    :roll: What on earth have you done to that lovely frameset??
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    dwanes wrote:

This is why I don't come here much anymore. Here you have a bloke showing his BESPOKE pride and joy which he has saved his hard earned cash to buy and someone comes along doing everything they can to be negative but without at least having the decency to explain what they mean :roll: pathetic....
  • solboy10 wrote:
    dwanes wrote:

This is why I don't come here much anymore. Here you have a bloke showing his BESPOKE pride and joy which he has saved his hard earned cash to buy and someone comes along doing everything they can to be negative but without at least having the decency to explain what they mean :roll: pathetic....

Just put dwanes on your ignore list, then you don't have to read his tripe

OP, nice bike. Enjoy

bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • I have an esprit - great bike. Why did you choose to paint it out of interest? One of the main attractions to me of titanium is that paint is redundant and scratches polish out with a brillo pad!
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    solboy10 wrote:
    dwanes wrote:

OK i'll explain. The components are good, the wheels are good, the frameset is great, Its the choice of custom paint job that is puzzling.
  • Yeah I think we all guessed that's what you were referring to, maybe a less cryptic comment explaining that it's not what you would do but fair play to the owner in creating a lovely bike that he probably spent a lot of time, thought and certainly money, creating.

Is that what you meant?
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    Only thing left to do is to remove the Orange warning sticker from the front wheel:-) Otherwise it looks great!
  • milleman
    milleman Posts: 181
    Just picked up my new Echo from my LBS on Monday, Ultegra 6800 compact with FSA finishing kit, Shimano C24 wheels, Continue GP4000 tyres.

Off on Friday and forecast looks ok, looking forward to getting out and trying it.

If I know how I would post a photograph.....
  • milleman wrote:
    Just picked up my new Echo from my LBS on Monday, Ultegra 6800 compact with FSA finishing kit, Shimano C24 wheels, Continue GP4000 tyres.

Off on Friday and forecast looks ok, looking forward to getting out and trying it.

If I know how I would post a photograph.....

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12734291
  • Lovely looking bike. I hope that it gives you many years of enjoyment :-)
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    oh thats nice! i like it painted black so the white details look good, enjoy....might have to start saving for a new enigma lol
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • Ignore the knockers .... Looks great ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    really cool looking bike - enjoy
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Stuff carbon, my next bike is gonna be titanium. These Echo frame sets are stunning :)
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Philly8mt wrote:
    Ignore the knockers .... Looks great ;)

Fnarr

Great looking bike, why not paint a Ti machine? One of the things that would put me off a Ti bike is the plain champagne gold colour (shallow, me?)

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • SecretSam wrote:
    Philly8mt wrote:
    Ignore the knockers .... Looks great ;)

Fnarr

Great looking bike, why not paint a Ti machine? One of the things that would put me off a Ti bike is the plain champagne gold colour (shallow, me?)

Nah, I get ya. I like the idea of Ti .. But .. I've never really got on with its "natural" finish either :(
    Still thinking of something clever to say!