Acquarone Talks

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited September 2019 in Pro race
It looks to me that there are some nasty criminals in his organisation and he got unfairly shafted.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and ... tells_all/
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Good for him not going quietly.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Sounds like this should be the topic of the next series of Serial...
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/acquaro ... r-his-name
  • Massively shady. Just cannot trust anything that comes out of Italy. No doubt that whole trial was a sham along with the judgement.

And now RCS are launching legal action against him! These people really are totally bereft of morals, but then this is Italy we are talking about so not so surprising.

RCS with debts over 500m. WTF.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I find it interesting how everyone just sides with Acquarone
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    But he tweets and everything, Iain!

I love how FF works in the City, yet has the cojones to call Italians shady when it comes to finance.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    I find it interesting how everyone just sides with Acquarone

Why?

Reading everything that has been written about this you think he has the millions stashed away somehwere?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp wrote:
    I love how FF works in the City, yet has the cojones to call Italians shady when it comes to finance.

Am I to assume by this you think the English are more shady?

You don't want to be on the wrong side of an Italian corporate action or trading options of what transpires to be a fraudulent company (Parmalat is a classic). They do know how to through a party though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    I think the entire 'global financial system' is both morally and physically corrupt. The evidence, i.e. LIBOR, Forex, sub-prime mortgages, would suggest my view is right.
  • +Insider trading.
    It all relates to banks though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I think the entire 'global financial system' is both morally and physically corrupt. The evidence, i.e. LIBOR, Forex, sub-prime mortgages, would suggest my view is right.

YAWN. There's lots of perfectly decent folks in the industry, like me. Banking is such an easy target for lazy uniformed bashing. I'm not sure your line of work but whatever it may be I imagine someone somewhere is bending rules.

Take sub prime for example. If I was in the US, with no income no job ("NINJA") and was offered a $500k mortgage I'd probably be asking questions rather than accepting it. Whose fault is that?

Anyway, massively off topic but hey ho.
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • andyp
    I don't think I said there weren't any decent folk in the industry, but they seem to have been usurped by the corrupt folk.

Banking is an essential part of any economic system, however the focus of the current system seems to be solely on high risk gambling, not usury.

As for your sub prime example, are you suggesting the banks were cold calling people offering to lend them money irrespective of their circumstances? I think we can all see fault on both sides there, but I know who I'd put the larger portion of blame on.

Back on topic, I find it interesting that Acquarone doesn't seem to accept any responsibility, despite him being the man in charge of RCS Sport. The fraud happened on his watch, so he surely has to accept some responsibility for it?
  • andyp wrote:
    Back on topic, I find it interesting that Acquarone doesn't seem to accept any responsibility, despite him being the man in charge of RCS Sport. The fraud happened on his watch, so he surely has to accept some responsibility for it?

To an extent yes. But lets say you lead a team of 10 and two of them work secretively and de-fraud the company of millions them twist and fake it so you take the fall. Are you in the wrong or have to take blame? Not imo.

I really dont understand how RCS has such large debts without some serious corruption going on.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    andyp wrote:

To an extent yes. But lets say you lead a team of 10 and two of them work secretively and de-fraud the company of millions them twist and fake it so you take the fall. Are you in the wrong or have to take blame? Not imo.

I really dont understand how RCS has such large debts without some serious corruption going on.

Because it's a large media company - I think most of them are in debt, aren't they?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

My problem with this is he's the one doing all the talking. So we're hearing his side, and we've got lots of people running around supporting him. He seems like a nice enough guy but I'm not comfortable believing he's a victim.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Do any of you remember this from a few years back?

Michele Acquarone was fired as the director of the Giro and charged with misappropriation of funds. Anyway, six years later, he's been cleared. It was the accountant wat dun it. She got eight years.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    When the giro rolled around I would wonder what happened to him...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver