Specialized 2FO shoes - size

justerman
justerman Posts: 3
edited November 2014 in MTB general
Just bought a pair of 2FO's and thought it might be helpful if I reported on size.

I tend to buy (everyday) shoes of size 46 or 47 but I seem to have a wide left foot and, when I get leather shoes, I've started stretching the left one with a shoe stretcher. (Works well, by the way.)

I wanted some shoes to wear with flat pedals and ordered some size 47 5-10s from Evans. They weren't wide enough. Evans seems to think anything bigger than 47 is freak size and don't seem to stock larger. Then I saw that Evans had £40 off their Giro Jackets so, without much hope, I ordered thier largest size (47). They weren't wide enough.

So (elsewhere) I tried 2FOs. The largest size the store had was 47 (naturally). The toe box on the 2FOs was wider than the 5-10s and the Giros, but my toes were right up against the front of the shoe. So I decided to order some in size 49. They turned out to be a good fit (just as good a fit as my size 46 CATs).

The shoe sizing system we have is crazy.

The 2FOs are good.

Comments

• Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    So, two sizes up for the 2FOs. Interesting. I'm thinking of getting these so thanks of the info.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • I went up a size when i got mine, so i'd definitely say go up a size or two!
    Cotic BFE MK II
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Yup, thanks. Probably going to get some of these so handy to know.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Good to know. I have had specialized shoes before (clip in jobs) and they were a little smaller than advertised but my midget feet fitted their normal size, just a tad snug but that seemed OK for clips.

I had the 2FO in mind for a flat shoe - let us know how they work out on flats vs anything else you have experience of. Cheers!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.