New fork for Boardman Team Carbon

Jayz58
Jayz58 Posts: 8
edited November 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I have a Boardman Team Carbon. I'm 6'5" and recently replaced the 300mm seat post with a 400mm which has made a lot of difference but now the handlebar is uncomfortably low. I'm assuming that I'll need to by a new fork with a longer steerer tube but I've got no idea what I'm looking for. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    change the stem. change the bars. change the order of the headset spacers if there are any on top of the stem.

did you buy the right size bike?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I'm 6'5" so no bike was going to fit me off the shelf. I've got the XL and all spacers are at the bottom.

Change the bars? What options are there for bars? I understand changing the stem.

Is all this better than changing the fork? Cheaper maybe, but is it better?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Where the grips go, is where they go, it doesn't really matter how you achieve it, riser bars move the grips up above the clamp point by upto 2", you can also get steeper rise stems (e.g. 17 or 30 degree) compared to the more normal 6 degree which again will lift the grips.

Some manufacturers make larger bikes, Giant for example do 23".
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.