Another Genesis Equilibrium

dread_i1
dread_i1 Posts: 178
edited November 2014 in Your road bikes
Purchased the frame a few months back from forum member Arlowood who I can highly recommend as a seller on here.

Build it up over the past few evenings with bits from the classifieds, fleabay and the last few bits of finishing kit I bought new. Spec as follows;

Genesis Equilibrium 20 (size 52)
Sram force front and rear mechs
Sram red shifters
Rotor 3d power2max (came off the good bike)
H plus Son on Novatechs with Conti GP 4 Seasons
Tektro long drop brakes
Deda finishing bits
SKS Chromoplastics
Fizik Arione

Weighing in at a solid 9.44kg.

Apologies for the poor picture impatience got the better of me, i'll get some more in the daylight tomorrow.

Hopefully will be able to sneak out tomorrow afternoon for the maiden voyage.

DSC01236_zps9048a460.jpg

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Great to see the final product. I'm sure you'll enjoy the "steel" riding experience. Stem looks pretty well slammed so I guess you must have trimmed the steerer?

Managed to find a smaller frame for grandson's Christmas present - this time a Genesis Volant alloy in 50cm. Posted the end result a couple of weeks back.

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12991733
  • Lovely build. I've just started riding on my new Equilibrium 20 and it's doing a grand job.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I do like those copper coloured Equilibriums, they really are handsome.

Nice build. Out of interest, who built the wheels and how much (£ and g)????

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • dread_i1
    arlowood wrote:
    Great to see the final product. I'm sure you'll enjoy the "steel" riding experience. Stem looks pretty well slammed so I guess you must have trimmed the steerer?

Managed to find a smaller frame for grandson's Christmas present - this time a Genesis Volant alloy in 50cm. Posted the end result a couple of weeks back.

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12991733

Yeah it's taken a while as these things do. Trimmed about 30mm off the steerer, almost identical drop to my other bike now. Glad you found a frame for him, looks like a nice build.
    SecretSam wrote:
    I do like those copper coloured Equilibriums, they really are handsome.

Nice build. Out of interest, who built the wheels and how much (£ and g)????

Ugo built the wheels for me back in the summer, think they were about £250 all in. I supplied the hubs and he supplied the rest, I collected them so that knocked the cost of the courier off. They are around the 1600g mark, not the lightest build but the intention was a set of training wheels as I have some lighter tubs for racing also built by Ugo. I can recommend both the build and the builder.
  • Looks like my old frame, has it got a rock and rock sticker on it?
  • dread_i1
    Mark__gti wrote:
    Looks like my old frame, has it got a rock and rock sticker on it?

Yes it has, hope you like the latest incarnation.
  • dread_i1 wrote:
    Mark__gti wrote:
    Looks like my old frame, has it got a rock and rock sticker on it?

Yes it has, hope you like the latest incarnation.

Yeah looks alot better than when i had it, i've got to try out a Sram groupset soon
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Looks good.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.