Tunesday!

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,976
edited November 2014 in The bottom bracket
Currently sat around waiting for the sun to shift the darkness a bit so I can go for a ride.

Today will invoke trying to obtain a grant, steering clear of wine and unhealthy stuff and plotting a 7 Stane mtb ride in conjunction with a site visit.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• A day off today so I'm heading out for a run in a bit, training for a x-country race at the beginning of next month. Hoping to watch Interstellar this afternoon whilst the slow cooker takes care of some beef stew.

Didn't realise until this morning we get to beat the Scots on their own turf tonight, hadn't looked at the fixture list. Good stuff.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Lovely ride in this morning, the light as I rode through the park was lovely. Passing traffic all of the rest of the ride so that always helps. It's easier to see which ones are the twunts when they are in front of you.
    Should be a relatively calm day in the office depending on who bothers to turn up. We have a Scot, not Glaswegian, but he's about as much use an ejector seat in a helicopter. I will have to raise my own hell just for shit and giggles.
    Until then, more tea...
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    2nd of 2 days off.
    Yesterday was a school in service day so looking forward to a ride today.
    Great day for it.....except the wee one is off sick :(

So...still in pjs, watching Nickelodeon
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stoodent accommodation all priced now so back to thumb twiddling :roll:

With nothing to do I found the flexible working application form so I'm in the process of filling that in :mrgreen:

Tonight will mainly involve painting a ceiling :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Boring day at work today, following by a rush over to Brighton for an O2 screening of the new Hunger Games film. Crap reviews, so not particularly bothered by the film, but its a night out without the kids :-)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Working from home as the old sofas being picked up and the new ones delivered and apparently they may need help as we live in an awkward cottage/the wife was using it as an excuse to nick my car

Still nice 6 miles run with a pal this morning and out later for a meal with the current wife's dad
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Boring day at work today, following by a rush over to Brighton for an O2 screening of the new Hunger Games film. Crap reviews, so not particularly bothered by the film, but its a night out without the kids :-)
    So you're having a night out without kids to watch a kids film?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Boring day at work today, following by a rush over to Brighton for an O2 screening of the new Hunger Games film. Crap reviews, so not particularly bothered by the film, but its a night out without the kids :-)
    So you're having a night out without kids to watch a kids film?

When the wife won the tickets she said that she was going to take our son to the film. So, I said "Typical, I win prizes and give them to you, you win and take our son out rather than me."

I couldn't back down then... :oops:

I do get to have a few beers after though.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    A day off today so I'm heading out for a run in a bit, training for a x-country race at the beginning of next month. Hoping to watch Interstellar this afternoon whilst the slow cooker takes care of some beef stew.

Didn't realise until this morning we get to beat the Scots on their own turf tonight, hadn't looked at the fixture list. Good stuff.

Enjoy the movie. If you take it for what it is, an epic movie which is bound to have some plot holes, then you will love it.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Working from home for 2nd day on trot, whilst heap of French junk Renault Laguna Tourer (company car) is in for another major repair job after faults found on Friday service. Needs new front suspension/shocks, new discs, new tyres (aparently worn on inside of both). At last service they had to fit a new steering rack!
    My company for some daft reason actually buy the cars!! This service will cost them over £1k.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,156
    Yep, we're socking it to the sweaties at the moment :)

Pedalled in today despite being knackered after accidentally leaving the bedroom window open last night and getting woken by some twat driving a loud car like he stole it. Dished out more grief at work, set other people on the boss (subtly) to keep him occupied while I did some real work. Now drinking the last of my Schnapps so life isn't looking too bad.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Absolutely diabolical pre school drop off morning with TDV's kids. Awful. Everything they could summon up out of the "Handbook of Little Shitness' they did. Awful. Worst they have ever been. Was so happy to drop them off that I didn't even bother hanging around to flirt with teaching assistant babe.

Good day at work, had to get Angry Glaswegian to shout at some people but generally left to my own devices, which is nice. Nice rides in and out as well, which is always nice.

Now sitting in front of TF1 watching France vs Sweden with the dog asleep on me, deciding whether to open another bottle of vin rouge (me, not the dog. He doesn't care, as far as I am aware. Then again, perhaps he does. Who knows?) TDM doesn't return until tomorrow so sorely tempted but also tempted by a large G & T nightcap ......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Pedalled in today despite being knackered after accidentally leaving the bedroom window open last night and getting woken by some fool driving a loud car like he stole it.

What do you expect, you live in da ghetto after all :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Pedalled in today despite being knackered after accidentally leaving the bedroom window open last night and getting woken by some fool driving a loud car like he stole it.

What do you expect, you live in da ghetto after all :P

Stevo the White ice-t
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,156
    I never said fool - frikkin swear filters :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I never said fool - frikkin swear filters :D

...or the White BA Baracus?

Tunesday triply worse than Mehnday.

Van broke down. Next week will be one day of work after the decks were cleared and lots of pedalling. Well, that's what I had planned. Now it might be under the bonnet with a circuit tester and going through the maze of cooking oil pipes, solenoid pump circuits... ho hum.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    A day off today so I'm heading out for a run in a bit, training for a x-country race at the beginning of next month. Hoping to watch Interstellar this afternoon whilst the slow cooker takes care of some beef stew.

Enjoy the movie. If you take it for what it is, an epic movie which is bound to have some plot holes, then you will love it.

It was definitely a reminder of why cinemas can be so good, both the visuals and (as you say, up to a point) the story were utterly absorbing. It's listed as 166mins long and I felt like I barely blinked after walking out at the end. Anyone who opts to watch it on the small screen will really miss out.

The only downside was that it emphasises how bloody poor the majority of films are now, they certainly rarely feel your trip to watch a film was worth it.