Mehday Thread

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited November 2014 in The bottom bracket
Moaning.

Seeing as Piña's attempt at having a rolling daily thread didn't work out I thought I'd best resurrect the Crud tradition :wink:

Early start today to get the student flats finished which they are now so I'm now turning my attention to going out to buy some anti mould paint for the bathroom ceiling, it's one of the jobs I should have done a long time back but now the prospect of moving house has forced my hand :lol:

If I can skive off early enough I'll be painting the aforementioned ceiling later today :roll:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Arran
    Anti mould paint doesn't work in my opinion. We've got a 1920s property and the bathroom gets lots of condensation (cold walls), especially when his nibs decides to stand under the shower for half hour. I've just spent last fortnight on/off stripping back to plaster and repainting everything from scratch. Will be interesting to see how the paintwork performs.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Moaning folks,
    Distinct lack of staff in here today. One has just rolled in having left his house at 6am, the joy of the M4. Not much going on, it's definitely getting quiet around here, quite normal for the time of year. I'm going to have to start on my other projects again to keep myself out of trouble.
    The bosses in the US have decided they need to test us every now and then to check we are competent. Could be quite amusing as there are a fair few around here that are far from competent. The terrifying thing is that I'm one of the ones that know what they are doing?
    Busy week ahead of me, I think I'm out Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Shame.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Day off today but it's been absolutely belting down - as in road flooded and utterly, utterly miserable and wet outside.

Outdoors stuff limited to 3 walks of the dog - and 3 subsequent changes of shoes, socks, trousers - but some weights and bicycle building completed so not a complete write off.

May have a glass of wine or two as TDM (the delightful Marianne, the new replacement for TDV until TDV realises the error of her ways) is away for the next two days before I head off to antagonise the squares on the other boards.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    No chance of skiving off here. Idiots seem to be conspiring to make my day as crap as it can be so I have been dishing out grief to a. micromanaging bosses b. slimy salesmen who are only interested in their bonuses and c. fekwits generally who I come into contact with In office hours.

Round 2 tomorrow...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Been out on the tiles, just got back.

Nice view of the sunset over the ocean from up there :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Just do what I do - get an angry Glaswegian to shout at them then punish them in ever more ridiculous yet painful ways.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Just do what I do - get an angry Glaswegian to shout at them then punish them in ever more ridiculous yet painful ways.
    Not a bad idea - I'll collect one on the way into work tomorrow morning and entice them into the office with a can of Special Brew.

The boss is so far ahead of me in terms of time zones that he has started to send me replies to all the stuff I batted back at him today on email. So I'm ignoring the basterd :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not a bad idea - I'll collect one on the way into work tomorrow morning and entice them into the office with a can of Special Brew.

The boss is so far ahead of me in terms of time zones that he has started to send me replies to all the stuff I batted back at him today on email. So I'm ignoring the basterd :D

If you want a real Glaswegian - if not a truly certified Ned- then there is only one enticement: Buckfast. Special Brew is for wimps :)

Reference time zones - how about getting one of those new fangled flux capacitors, going 10 minutes ahead of where he is then answering your own emails - now that would truly fukkk with his head........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Definite work meh today that can only be solved by head butting the desk

Tonight was take the kids for a quick swim and then move the sofas out of the lounge ready for the new ones tomorrow :(
  • Stevo_666
    If you want a real Glaswegian - if not a truly certified Ned- then there is only one enticement: Buckfast. Special Brew is for wimps :)

Reference time zones - how about getting one of those new fangled flux capacitors, going 10 minutes ahead of where he is then answering your own emails - now that would truly fukkk with his head........
    Fair point about Buckie. Must try it one day.

I'm hoping for a very big tsunami as a more permanent solution to the boss problem :twisted:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Fair point about Buckie. Must try it one day.

I'm hoping for a very big tsunami as a more permanent solution to the boss problem :twisted:

Because the last one didn't cause your company enough issues!
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Looking at my emails this morning, it'd be a price worth paying...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Looking at my emails this morning, it'd be a price worth paying...

Might join you on that!